Author Topic: Cohort - oink  (Read 93559 times)

Alright. I'll try to add more biodiversity. It should be completed by today still.

Does that mean that I currently have two no's, or are you both undecided?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 12:15:15 PM by Evan5626 »

I also just so happen to be working on a swamp app, too. :O

I have taken into account the ideas of using the tophius plant brick pack, and it helps my swamp appear very fertile.

I still am in support of evan's app, because it shows tremendous skill and terrific buildsmanship.

Alright. I'll try to add more biodiversity. It should be completed by today still.

Does that mean that I currently have two no's, or are you both undecided?
I like it. I'm just giving my opinion :)

I like it. I'm just giving my opinion :)

Improved ver. will be up in about 30 minutes.

[Application]
The Secret Swamp [Improved]

Overview

Cottage Interior

Newly planted willow

Cliff

Swamp (With leaves, trees, and plant life on the bottom)

Brickcount: 16,542

I've realized that although my application may have been complimented for many things, it was not close to being as realistic as an actual swamp. Because of that, I've added 4 more types of trees, leaves on the water, bushes, and other things that will hopefully make this build more realistic.

Evan's App

Very very well built grass terrain. No repetition nor blockyness. I think the swamp got alot better with the update, but still lacks. There's only trees.. I want bushes! I think I can see some.. but they're not enough by far. What I meant with my comment wasn't a huge cliff. I wanted more variation (just something small) like on the pic you can see under this review. The new trees are p much plain ugly. The willow is too small. The interior ceiling is too high and the room is very empty.

Nice terrain and cottage exterior but in overall not a very impressive app. It doesn't really reach up to my standards, but it's not far from being accepted. No from me.

I'm feeling lazy and I'm listening to music and laying in a park writing this, here goes;

The terrain looks very "stumpy" and strangely shaped, as of you were working off a certain type of bricks, which you shouldn't. You should be using all the available bricks there are in the building palette. The cliff also is sort of random as well, the swamp is too varying in trees and there isn't enough colors, the interior is a bit painful. The app itself doesn't provide enough actual buildings, the trees aren't nice either- as Sleven said too. The architecture is too mixed as well, unusual designs in areas.

So from me, it's a no.

You guys need to make some sort of design tutorial for windows and basic duplications and houses and other stuff like that, because frankly the builds I've seen you guys produce are absolutely beautiful and there needs to be more clans like this.

I'm just saying, you'd be helping a lot of people.

Evan's App

Very very well built grass terrain. No repetition nor blockyness. I think the swamp got alot better with the update, but still lacks. There's only trees.. I want bushes! I think I can see some.. but they're not enough by far. What I meant with my comment wasn't a huge cliff. I wanted more variation (just something small) like on the pic you can see under this review. The new trees are p much plain ugly. The willow is too small. The interior ceiling is too high and the room is very empty.

Nice terrain and cottage exterior but in overall not a very impressive app. It doesn't really reach up to my standards, but it's not far from being accepted. No from me.

-snip-

Thanks for the feedback (Derroith as well).
Haha, I didn't know that by "variation" you meant something so small. Seeing what I could of done to what I did is pretty funny.
All jokes aside, I do agree that I went a little overboard on the trees. I suppose I was just rushing to get the application finished (Because I have testing this week along with concerts and trips next week).

Really there isn't much I can really DO with it now, but of course I don't want to throw it out.  Do you think I should just start over, or...?

________

EDIT: I guess I should wait until everyone votes however.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 07:09:10 PM by Evan5626 »

Keept it, Evan, its very good! maybe it lack things but you can still work on it because as we said, it has potential!

You guys need to make some sort of design tutorial for windows and basic duplications and houses and other stuff like that, because frankly the builds I've seen you guys produce are absolutely beautiful and there needs to be more clans like this.

thanks a lot, i think i can make a tutorial about windows, yes definitly, it will be on the Build Center of cohortteam.com! soon.

Evan's App

This pretty much sums it up for me ass well.
I disagree with the bolded out part though. There is no such thing as a too high ceiling (within reason, of course). The interior is fine the way it is, though the fireplace looks a bit odd. The floor is a bit naked, how about a carpet?

Frankly, I would say start a new app with a different theme because I don't think I'd ever accept this specific app because there's not really so much else to add to it (just the general quality). It's very boring and I would prefer something fresh from you.

That's only my opinion, and I don't think I'm the most competent person in this group to express oneself.

edit:

This pretty much sums it up for me ass well.
I disagree with the bolded out part though. There is no such thing as a too high ceiling (within reason, of course). The interior is fine the way it is, though the fireplace looks a bit odd. The floor is a bit naked, how about a carpet?

ass well

Well, considering the cottage as a specific theme build I would say there are certain limits in height that would improve the builds quality. With the high ceiling and big windows the furnish such as the bed looks like miniature ones. Seriously, I don't get the hung of this interior at all, it's very strange to me. It doesn't seem realistic to me.

We should do that yes. :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 11:23:48 AM by Sleven »

I would prefer something fresh from you.

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

I think, but it's personal, that you can find inspiration yourself :) especially for an app. I rarely need to ask others what I need to build, but, it happen sometimes.

I think, but it's personal, that you can find inspiration yourself :) especially for an app. I rarely need to ask others what I need to build, but, it happen sometimes.

True; I have many ideas, it's just that I don't know if it would be too "out there" or not, or if you'd like them. My style is fantasy-like, you see. I have a couple of ideas though.