Graphical Error and having really stuffty pictures and suddenly maps?

Author Topic: Graphical Error and having really stuffty pictures and suddenly maps?  (Read 3388 times)

So it's a CPU error. Is there any way that could fix this without modifying my machine or doing anything extreme? Again, running of a school owned computer so the chances of doing something drastic isn't very ideal. Thanks for the help though.
GPU

and no, that's hardware based - as daenth has stated about 4 times now.

GPU

and no, that's hardware based - as daenth has stated about 4 times now.
GPU. sorry, I got it mixed up with CPU there. But I understand what's going wrong. My only conclusion is having to wait out the 8 weeks of school before they wipe the computers, in hopes that doing that will fix it.

it won't, assuming daenth is right

they need to replace the actual chip that is the gpu, if im not mistaken

Unless he really screwed up his graphics drivers, it going to be hardware based. You can try and update graphics drivers to see if that fixes it, but if it doesn't, you need to get it repaired/replaced.

Would wiping out my computer fix the problem? Is there any way to tell that it's beaten other than ingame problems? I want the Tech guys to know there's something wrong, without me having to speak up saying I found them from games.

replace all of the parts in your computer

Would wiping out my computer fix the problem? Is there any way to tell that it's beaten other than ingame problems? I want the Tech guys to know there's something wrong, without me having to speak up saying I found them from games.

no

you need to fix your graphics card

which because you have a mac

is impossibru

Try doing Mac hardware tests and see if any of them fail. Go here for more info: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1509

Dillpickle, watch research then go into single-player
does the research go onto the ground

There was a few snips from, yeah.
More or less go to the background but yeah...