Poll

Rate the build 1/5.

5/5
4/5
3/5
2/5
1/5

Author Topic: North - MOD REALEASED TO THE PUBLIC (Download below!)  (Read 10247 times)

Oh stuff, we are launching soon, aren't we? I'm going to Nevada this weekend to go prospecting. I'll get the leather helmet done.

guys will you all stop harassing me over the irc trying to get the password

we are releasing in literally less than 3 days

It's been 3 days now.

It's been 3 days now.
The recent update broke our zombies. We might have to delay in the time it takes to recreate them.

Blame the developers, not us. :(

It's been 3 days now.
Read page 4. We are going to have to delay because our zombies broke.
If you guys really want to play it without zombies I might be able to set up a salvaging/arena type game in one of the towns until we can fix them.

Read page 4. We are going to have to delay because our zombies broke.
If you guys really want to play it without zombies I might be able to set up a salvaging/arena type game in one of the towns until we can fix them.
I thought they were resurrected corpses forced to walk for eternity rather than zombies.

I thought they were resurrected corpses forced to walk for eternity rather than zombies.
i just said that because you were bothering me about unoriginality

Me
Oh joy North comes out to day *logs on to forums*
Can't wai- what
D-delays?
DELAYS?
*flips laptop*
DELAYS?!?
*Stomps through house destroying randoms*

We are releasing later today! In about 90 minutes we will host publicly.

Unfortunatly a new update broke all of our Zombie AI, so we are going to completely clear out Zombies, and food.

Rather than delaying, we are going to host a sort of Last Man Standing gamemode in which everyone is set to kill eachother, and only has 1 life. It will still have the same world, the same looting, the same scripts and items, just not zombies.

We will severely ramp up hunger so that you can only survive a few minutes without eating, and make the only place to get food, directly in the center of the map.
This will prevent players from hiding and ruining the game.

This will only apply until we can get some new AI.

Even without Zombie AI and Food this looks pretty descent, will try!

I played it, then died of hunger.

I watched Zalot just go into every crook and canny to get good items, it is stupid, because it is obvious he knew where they were in the first place.

You should get damaged slowly instead of dying, which is the way I do it.

This is also why you need a bigger map, more item possibilities, and it contributes as you build. It looks ok at this pace, I have not seen the map lately, I can check it out today.

Food should also be an item, just a suggestion.

I watched Zalot just go into every crook and canny to get good items, it is stupid, because it is obvious he knew where they were in the first place.

One of the grand issues with hidden weapons.

I suggest having an "itme shuffler"
Which randomizes if the weapon actually EXISTS or not.

so you can't be an ass and keep getting weapons.

or i misinterpretted the whole thing

You should get damaged slowly instead of dying, which is the way I do it.
You always get damaged slowly as you get near 0 for food or heat.
If you hit 0 you instantly die, but unless you are underwater you will usually die of repeated damage beforehand.

That is the point. The Last Man Standing version has hunger 15x faster than normal and has the only food in Bazel. It's supposed to be a deathmatch.
The Survival version isn't fixed yet.

We deliberately hide items because it's irritating in Dayz when you walk into a house and all the goodies are lying on the floor.
It is true that I know where the goodies are, but am I just supposed to pretend I don't know where items have chances to spawn?

I suggest having an "itme shuffler"
Items already shuffle, but they have a set class to change inbetween.

A sword wont magically turn into a tomato, but it will turn into some other military weapon.