Author Topic: VCE Player ModVariable Issue  (Read 1409 times)

I'm going insane...

OnActivate > Player > ModVariable > Damage > ADD > 25

If I click it, it sets my damage to 25.

I can click that forgeter 50 times, and it won't do anything other than SET the damage to 25.

Also, if I try:

OnActivate > Player > ModVariable > Health > ANYTHING

It kills me and deletes my player object.  What the heck?!

Someone fix this for me.

This is a glitch with VCE. It is easily fixed, just do this instead:
OnActivate > Self > ModVariable > "Brick" "temp" "Set" "<var:pl:damage>"
OnActivate > Self > ModVariable > "Brick" "temp" "Add" "25"
OnActivate > Player > ModVariable > "Damage" "Set" "<var:br:temp>"

Modifying special variables with VCE is very glitchy. It only works if you are setting the variable. Be careful that you don't go above 100 damage (or the maxDamage of the playertype), it causes a weird glitch which deletes (I think)  players until they either disconnect, respawn, or join a minigame. Also, lets hope not too many trolls hear about this glitch. Lets just say its the better one of the two i know..

This is a glitch with VCE. It is easily fixed, just do this instead:
OnActivate > Self > ModVariable > "Brick" "temp" "Set" "<var:pl:damage>"
OnActivate > Self > ModVariable > "Brick" "temp" "Add" "25"
OnActivate > Player > ModVariable > "Damage" "Set" "<var:br:temp>"

Modifying special variables with VCE is very glitchy. It only works if you are setting the variable. Be careful that you don't go above 100 damage (or the maxDamage of the playertype), it causes a weird glitch which deletes (I think)  players until they either disconnect, respawn, or join a minigame. Also, lets hope not too many trolls hear about this glitch. Lets just say its the better one of the two i know..

Why isn't this fixed by now then?

I recently changed to VCE because the old variables (although better) didn't allow me to display variable numbers.  I fiddled with this for a while, impressed, and it turns out to not work.

Edit:  also, thanks.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 03:18:07 PM by Jerkface »

Even easier thing you can do. onActivate > Player > addHealth [-25]

Even easier thing you can do. onActivate > Player > addHealth [-25]

If you do:

onActivate > Player > addHealth [25]

...and then check your health, it states that your health did go up by 25. 

If you do:

onActivate > Player > addHealth [-25]

...and then check your health, it states that your health went down by 24.75. 

This event is broken too.  Why are all these events broken?  The add health event is why I switched to VCE to fiddle with the health and damage variables.  Everything is just freaking broken.

...and then check your health, it states that your health went down by 24.75. 
Are you sure that isn't due to regeneration? I'm fairly sure that standard player has a tiny amount of health regen, but I haven't checked the code.

Are you sure that isn't due to regeneration? I'm fairly sure that standard player has a tiny amount of health regen, but I haven't checked the code.

I was using an edited player... but what regeneration?  It seems to stay at 24.75 infinitely.  It literally just damages for 24.75 and heals for the actual 25.