Author Topic: Help with connecting Bluetooth mouse  (Read 651 times)

Hey guys, I just bought a Microsoft Wedge Touch Bluetooth mouse. I just have one small, minor problem... I can't connect the mouse to my computer!

No matter how hard I try, my computer does not recognize the device. Yes, I turned it to Discoverable, and yes, I was searching for devices to add. It's just not working. Is it the mouse, is it my computer or do I not have integrated Bluetooth in my laptop?

I'm running Windows 8 on my Acer Aspire Timeline X if that helps.

I just connected the mouse to a Mac perfectly.

Not sure what to do...

do you have the proper bluetooth drivers

Oh, wow. My laptop doesn't appear to have any Bluetooth drivers.

Thank you!

Nope, that didn't work.

Should I get an external Bluetooth receiver, or what should I do next?

so, if it didn't have the drivers, are you sure it has the hardware, to begin with?

yea you can't connect a bluetooth mouse if your laptop doesn't have the proper hardware to begin with.

should have gone with USB wireless for the simple reason that it would work on anything

Whoa whoa whoa!

I just found something! The mouse is Bluetooth wireless! It doesn't need a transceiver!

But it's still not working.

Bump. I'd really like some help.

Whoa whoa whoa!

I just found something! The mouse is Bluetooth wireless! It doesn't need a transceiver!

Your computer has to have Bluetooth also, that wouldn't make any sense. The mac probably has Bluetooth you should check and see.

Whoa whoa whoa!

lol, it sill needs to connect to something. If you don't have a receiver built in, it won't work.

Fixed. Had to manually turn Bluetooth on.