2013/03/11 - Blockland r1855

Author Topic: 2013/03/11 - Blockland r1855  (Read 59373 times)

Don't be so pessimistic. According to three minutes of unscientific experimentation, you can be saved if the shark carrying you is killed.
I know that, but I didn't know any other words to use. It just sounds more fitting than saying blockhead or something similar.

I noticed a bug. I don't know how long it's been around, but when a brick has no raycasting, and you crouch beneath it, you can stand up inside of it.

There's a few odd quirks with non-raycasted bricks.
I'm pretty sure it's all intentional though.

For example, you can walk up a 'step' of 4 plates high. But if that step has no raycasting, it acts like a wall, so you have to jump.

There's a few odd quirks with non-raycasted bricks.
I'm pretty sure it's all intentional though.

For example, you can walk up a 'step' of 4 plates high. But if that step has no raycasting, it acts like a wall, so you have to jump.

forget logic

I noticed a bug. I don't know how long it's been around, but when a brick has no raycasting, and you crouch beneath it, you can stand up inside of it.
That's been around forever, it allows for awesome levels in challenges, don't fix it!

So I spawned thirty-two zombie bots (because that's the amount of zombies in a horde on Left 4 Dead) and everything was smooth. Loving these little forgeters.

EDIT: Also, part of me wonders if Rotondo is going to update Left 4 Block and use the new AI system. I remember someone said he was waiting for a certain update. Well we have gamemodes, and now we have a default bot system. Part of me wants to believe he's working on it and fixing things up.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 07:49:12 PM by Awdax »

The only thing blockland needs now is a default TDM. Team chat was in default and now bot teams are default. No default TDM.

The only thing blockland needs now is a default TDM. Team chat was in default and now bot teams are default. No default TDM.
slayer*

slayer*

Not default and pretty sure it doesn't work properly with bot teams.

slayer*

slayer feels way too "not default"

there's a reason that rotondo specifically made the default bots and that badspot didn't just make bot events default

slayer feels way too "not default"

there's a reason that rotondo specifically made the default bots and that badspot didn't just make bot events default
Those default bots are also way better than the old ones

I didn't come across any problems with slayer yet

Those default bots are also way better than the old ones

if Badspot or Rotondo made their own TDM system it would be way better than Slayer as well

your point?

if Badspot or Rotondo made their own TDM system it would be way better than Slayer as well

your point?
what is the point in remaking something good that has been constantly improved since over a year ago to make it even better?

That's not worth the work

Hahaha, oh god. I made a zombie hole, and put civilian bots holes around it and unarmed them. The second I started a minigame and they spawned, all the normal bots scattered flailing their arms while the zombie chased them around. God damn these are the best!