Author Topic: Making a Cube-and-Button Based Test for a Portal Challenge  (Read 919 times)

I'm making Portal challenges for Blockland, and I'm trying to figure out how to event a Cube-and-Button based test using ZoneEvents and a JVS Super Button from PhyDoors. The events go something like this:

Code: [Select]
onVehicleEnterZone - Self - contentStart
onVehicleLeaveZone - Self - contentStop
onActivate - Self - SetZone - Up, 10, 0, 0, 0
Some more events that don't really matter

I think it has something to do with the Up, 10, 0, 0, 0. The collision is completely off:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37381165/HELPME.avi
(Sorry for bad quality)

Also, I want to change the default LOADING picture that you see when you join a server to a custom Aperture Laboratories picture.

Please help!

Reward:  :cookie:

No change.
did you actually activate the brick after you clicked "send"?

if not, then actually click the brick after changing the 10 to a one

Also, I want to change the default LOADING picture that you see when you join a server to a custom Aperture Laboratories picture.
You can't.

are you going to make a portal challenge without a portal gun?

if you're placing a cube on the button, it won't work because the weighted cubes are not considered vehicles.
i'm pretty sure i've tried this before, exactly as you are now, but i can't remember how i fixed it.

I tried that, and no change. Then, I tried 0. It works a little bit better, but I have to jam the button inside the cube. Should I change it back to 1 and try again, or try editing the .BLS to make it a 0.5?

you can with a client mod

Would the client mod just work on this computer, or anybody who joins my server?

are you going to make a portal challenge without a portal gun?

I'm using Space Guy's portal gun. Now that I think about it, is it possible to get rid of the crazy emitters and just use a plane old orange/blue circle?

if you're placing a cube on the button, it won't work because the weighted cubes are not considered vehicles.
i'm pretty sure i've tried this before, exactly as you are now, but i can't remember how i fixed it.

The weighted cube is a vehicle datablock.