Blockland Trading Card Game

Author Topic: Blockland Trading Card Game  (Read 3327 times)

Me too. It would be neat if something like this was done, but it wouldn't be as fun if cards weren't universal (not on all servers and not transferable).
A dedicated server made specifically for the cards would need to be made.
Not nessicarily. That was my big problem before, other than my general lack of ability. It could just connect to a website or central server, wouldn't be very hard to do.

Sure, one for user, one for add-ons, one for a brick, and one for a build.
Done.

I also changed the logo background because I thought it looked nicer.

The font I used was Impact Condensed, in case anyone was planning on making some cards.

I never said if damage was stars or numbers.

Numbers are abusable. People will almost certainly pick higher numbers.

This should operate like Yugioh.
Test card attached to show my view.

This should operate like Yugioh.
Test card attached to show my view.
-cardsnip-
Yes, I know about the not Yugioh battling law. You do know no one uses Pokemon cards for battling, right?

Nitramjt, I choose you!

« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 03:05:33 AM by Randomness »

I cant remember, this was 5 years ago..
Yeah, my bad

That old picture looks alright, all these new ones are, in my opinion, too full of stuff

Someone should make a trading card game with this old add-on already.. Or maybe I will..

SPO are going to take aboard this project (while also doing the western RP)

I believe you guys have the wrong idea of what we are going to do.. Its less of a CARD GAME and more of a TRADING GAME.
 see where I'm coming from?

Anyways, we will create a database and work with the original creators of the mod.
It'll be more like the original mod anyways; it'll have the player name, ID and a picture of them.

If any scripters would like to help with this, you're more than welcome to PM me, and ill add you into the development (after doing a background check).
in the meantime, if anyone would like to help with an SPO project, apply here - http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=223812.0

Text should have a print texture under it or something. Text straight on studs looks bad.

Text should have a print texture under it or something. Text straight on studs looks bad.
I was actually considering keeping the text area just a solid color, so I'm probably gonna change that.

Also, no offense guys, but a lot of your cards aren't turning up so great. I mean, you got the right concept Random, but the text should just stick to the Impact style.

EDIT: How does this look?

As for the stars... How about this:
Let's make the base star count as the yellow stars.  Ex: *****
If you're a moderator, you can have a second layer of stars which are orange. *****
If you're an Admin, your star count will go to red over the orange, like so: *****
SA and Host would have the most health, which is a layer of green (The whole layer counts as one star, though.) Ex: *****
I know it's basically HP all over again, but any health system can be abusable. People could just make a 5-star attack if they wanted to.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:30:28 PM by BlockoCrafter »