Codmrods Great Door Reward! [CASH PRIZES!!!]

Author Topic: Codmrods Great Door Reward! [CASH PRIZES!!!]  (Read 9164 times)

Reference pictures of what your going for with the aesthetic?

Reference pictures of what your going for with the aesthetic?
Full given list:
Standard door 1wx8lx6t
standard door up/down opening variant 1wx8lx6t
Standard door glass variant 1wx8lx6t
Airlock door 1wx8lx6t
Pressure door 1wx4lx6t
Hanger door 1wx32lx14t
Hanger door vertical 1wx32lx14t (opens verticaly instead of up and down)
Hanger door bottom 1wx32lx7t
Hanger door top 1wx32lx7t
Hanger door side 1wx16lx14t
Button
Button horizontal
Button roof
Slider
Slider horizontal
Slider roof
Key switch
Key switch horizontal
Throttle
Throttle vertical
Cargo box door 1wx8lx3.33t
Cargo box door horizontal 4wx8lx0.66t
Cargo box door large 1wx10lx7t
Bombing door 6wx12lx0.33t opens in half
Hatch 6wx6lx1.66t
Hatch vertical 2wx6lx5t

Hopefully for the console devices you just make good judgement in size. Some refrence pictures have frames. just make the doors.
Refrence pictures:

Pressure door and Pressure door glass window: This door swings out.

Standard door, horizontal opening, and window version: sinks into the wall/floor. something like this. can have a jagged line in it. The horizontal opening variant should look the same but open up and down. The window version should replace the 4 door panels with well windows.

Hatch door and hatch door vertical: dimensions were listed before. feel free to make a frame for this one but it is not needed.

Throttle: Should be an aircraft one like com says. Whats important is the holder which is round but it can be octongal
Pictures for buttons, switches, and key holes will not be posted since hopefully you know what one of those look like.

Airlock: this door is not 2 peices and is just one piece that goes up. There can be some fancy jagged line on the bottom if you feel like making it. should be like the first concept art and wider or something like the old airlock door for jvs. The second one is more ideal but without the round mid part and it does not split into multiple pieces.

Hanger door: 2 giant pieces that come apart up and down. the best picture i could find was the hoth door. but it should go up and down and have no jagged lines.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:36:09 PM by Bester Bageler »

TIME TO GET TO WORK
frog, which ones do you want and i'll take the rest

Side note; I'm not paying for variants, afaik it's not hard to rotate a 3D model. If you make "button" I will also be paying for "button vertical" as if it were just "button" as well. If this weren't the case is be dropping way more on this than Id want to.

I thought this would get much more discussion considering Comr4de is offering money for them.

fu rag i was about to make them :(

wat make

assign us stuff

i call not doing the hanger door
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:06:46 AM by Uxie² »

wat make

assign us stuff
See at this current point there can be multiple modelers so its more of a competition and who ever makes the best door(s) we take those and give that person money. Just make some creative doors and console tools with the specifications I listed. then get lodes emone!!

wat make

assign us stuff

i call not doing the hanger door
gogogo u can work faster than him!!!

since the default doors don't use animations the sliding doors might look a bit awkward

since the default doors don't use animations the sliding doors might look a bit awkward
do what you feel is appropriate for the door

Throttles

But there's no air in space?!?!

Hi, I was just on Tophius's server and the standard door he made looks amazing right now. It's also the only door he made since he lost intrest :'(

what a shame, i just got paid too