Author Topic: Rubik's Cubes  (Read 8422 times)

You guys know that you can pull off the blocks and reassemble them right?

I used to have a Rubiks 360 till I moved, I left it at my old home and the mortgage company has a lock on the door so I can't get it back :c

1. Cubers use this to clean/lubricate the rotating mechanisms
2. If you flip a corner piece or something, it's obviously cheating in competitive situations.

I only have a Rubriks 1x1x1 Cube.

I'm actually pretty damn good at it.
but not really
i get stuck a lot

any tips on how i should go at it?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:55:24 PM by The Resonte! »

I only have a Rubriks 1x1x1 Cube.

I'm actually pretty damn good at it.
but not really
i get stuck a lot

any tips for solving it?

If you keep staring at it long enough, it might start making sense.

I can solve a cube, in patterns even.
I've solved it with a different color in each middle and with a checker style.

Thats really easy to do both of those. Take a solved rubik's cube, push the middle down, turn the cube right, push middle down, turn the cube right, repeat until all the middles are different. To make a checkered pattern push the middle to the other side, turn right, push the middle to the other side, turn the cube so the top ends up at the right, push the middle to the other side. May be hard to understand from text explanation but both take like .5 seconds.

Thats really easy to do both of those. Take a solved rubik's cube, push the middle down, turn the cube right, push middle down, turn the cube right, repeat until all the middles are different. To make a checkered pattern push the middle to the other side, turn right, push the middle to the other side, turn the cube so the top ends up at the right, push the middle to the other side. May be hard to understand from text explanation but both take like .5 seconds.
A-hem. I mean when unsolved, I can make them like that without directly finishing. It's not tricky either, though.

A-hem. I mean when unsolved, I can make them like that without directly finishing. It's not tricky either, though.

Well in that case you are just solving it normally but the design has changed, it doesn't change anything.

I can solve the 3x3 in 42 seconds. That's my record, anyway.
I've been using the beginners' method augmented with some special tricks.
I'm gonna try to learn some legitimate speedcubing eventually.

a few years ago I used to be able to solve a single side

i literally had my mouse on the new topic button to make exactly this thread
woo less effort for me thank you kind sir

i haven't timed myself but it's definitely between 50-60 seconds

a few years ago I used to be able to solve a single side
by that do you mean you got all the same colored stickers on one side?
or did you actually get nine piece of the cube in the right place in the right orientation?

I can solve the 3x3 in 42 seconds. That's my record, anyway.
give me your shortcutsssss

it took me years to solve my 4x4, i still have an unfinished 5x5 one somewhere too