Author Topic: More than 8 mount points on vehicles? (and disabling seat switching)  (Read 868 times)

Is there a way to circumvent the 8 mount point limit on vehicles?

While we're on the topic how do I disable seat switching on my vehicle or alternatively server wide? I don't want clients to manually switch the mount point they're currently on. I'm handling that with a custom script. Could I simply do this by defining numMountPoints = 1; and then change player mount points with a separate script?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:59:44 PM by Demian »

While we're on the topic how do I disable seat switching on my vehicle or alternatively server wide? I don't want clients to manually switch the mount point they're currently on. I'm handling that with a custom script. Could I simply do this by defining numMountPoints = 1; and then change player mount points with a separate script?
You could just package serverCmdNextSeat and serverCmdPrevSeat.

You could just package serverCmdNextSeat and serverCmdPrevSeat.
And Armor::onMount if need be

Is there a way to circumvent the 8 mount point limit on vehicles?
I don't think there is an 8 mount point limit. I've tested multiple vehicles with more than 8, like a passenger plane and a bus. That, or they modified if as you're proposing.

I don't think there is an 8 mount point limit. I've tested multiple vehicles with more than 8, like a passenger plane and a bus. That, or they modified if as you're proposing.
Can you post a link to a vehicle that has more than 8 mounts?

I have never heard of this limit before. Did you test it?

I have never heard of this limit before. Did you test it?
No, but all vehicles I've ever seen have had 8 or less mount points. Often in scripts of such vehicles there are 8 mountThreads defined even though less than 8 are used so I just assumed 8 was the limit. This kind of stuff happens when people copypaste other vehicle's scripts and only change the necessary variables. Another example is jetForce that from my testing doesn't do anything yet several vehicles have it set at 3000 or 6000. Including my pumpkin vehicle that you can't even mount.

It's good to test things first.