Console Fanboy Rant

Author Topic: Console Fanboy Rant  (Read 971 times)

I saw a rant video about console fanboys and I heavily agree with it. You can't have an opinion of something you've never tried/played/used. I've seen PS3 fanboys hating on the X-box 360 because of it's controller, THE loving CONTROLLER! I've seen X-box fanboys hate on the Wii because it has bad graphics, so what about graphics? It's about the gameplay and the story, there are few games I can think of where graphics enhance the experience. I've seen Wii fanboys hate on the PS3 because of the PS-Move's similar design to the Wiimote. I've seen PC fanboys hate on EVERY console because of the components, OF COURSE THEY ARE GONNA BE AT LEAST 5 YEARS OLD!

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! stuffstorm inbound!
Ah stuff, better activate a shield.

EDIT: Is it safe to deactivate the shield yet? I haven't seen any sign of a storm.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 03:40:34 PM by Linkusofepica »

You can't have an opinion of something you've never tried/played/used.
Yes you can, I form opinions about games all the time based on gameplay footage.

idk about you but saying "stuffstorm inbound" in an op is pretty much saying "my opinion is right and yours is wrong so I'm going to say something that generally attempts to degrade any response against mine"

idk about you but saying "stuffstorm inbound" in an op is pretty much saying "my opinion is right and yours is wrong so I'm going to say something that generally attempts to degrade any response against mine"
Nah, I was waiting for a bunch of console fanboys to get here and say "BUT ITS ALL TRUE PS3/XBOX/WII SUX DIK LOLOLOL"

the point of an opinion is that it has no factual value and is simply a thought-turned-observation

PC gamers have a pretty legitimate reason to hate consoles.
The consoles are actually holding PCs back.

To maintain a decent profit, most companies (big-name, anyway) have to make a console port, which limits their options.
Just look at stuff like planetside 2. That stuff is crazy-intensive and you need a pretty good PC to play it. We are seeing very few games that try and push what our hardware is capable of, as they're bogged down by consoles.
Not saying that consoles need to go, they have their benefits.

I play xbox because I cant afford a good pc and my hands are too big for the ps3 conroller

Personally i prefer my Wii U, but i still don't have any problems playing other consoles and that is how it should be to begin with. ps move and kinect are wii success cash-ins though.

I play xbox because I cant afford a good pc and my hands are too big for the ps3 conroller
I have a custom PS3 controller, the dual shock design is uncomfortable and small.

PC gamers have a pretty legitimate reason to hate consoles.
The consoles are actually holding PCs back.

To maintain a decent profit, most companies (big-name, anyway) have to make a console port, which limits their options.
Just look at stuff like planetside 2. That stuff is crazy-intensive and you need a pretty good PC to play it. We are seeing very few games that try and push what our hardware is capable of, as they're bogged down by consoles.
Not saying that consoles need to go, they have their benefits.
This^^^^

I wish there were some games released for the pc that didn't have limitations so they could be ported to consoles.

Not just graphically, either. In result, a lot of games for the pc are being dumbed down.

I prefer this kind of console

and this kind of controller

I prefer this kind of console

and this kind of controller

This.

can't we all just get along

can't we all just get along
if people insist on making topics and revving the whole debate up again, of course not.