Author Topic: The Problem with most rps  (Read 661 times)

Rps. We all love them. Family RPs, however, we all hate. But that's not the point. Here's an example of one of the largest problems on rps:
Robber: Give me all of your money!
Guy: No!
Robber: *kills*
Guy: nope
Robber: Dude I killed you
Guy: Nope, my skin is invincible
Robber: Well you didn't mention that.
Guy: *kills*
Robber: Really dude?
Guy: Yes
Robber: Ha ha, I have invincible armor!

See what I mean?
Every time someone does something negative to them, they always godmod something, like armor.
See what I mean?
And then they both complain to the admins, and the one who insults/lies the most, is the winner, while the other one gets punished.
This needs to stop. Like, seriously.
Hosts should host a default minigame, or tell the players the first one to say "*kills*" first is the winner, and the other must ctrl+k.
Any support or other ideas to fix this?

I support, but in many cases, these RP servers are online and have many people in them and the build isn't even finished..

You need to go on better RP servers. (WB is a great example where this doesn't happen)

Family RPs, however, we all hate.
Incorrect.

Your points aren't correct either, because I host about 2 different RPs currently, and when I enforce my rules properly, godmodding doesn't occur.

What you see there is called "godmodding" i believe, and is in many cases bannable if you're in a serious RP.

Robber: Give me all of your money!

Only bad roleplayers do that. Get off of that server.

I don't play anything BUT serious rp's, if I play them at all, but yeah, that's a huge problem. I can understand that they don't want their character to die, but seriously. What's the point of having a character if you're not even going to RP correctly?

Edit: Also, shouldn't this go in drama?

Rps are there just to set up a build and atmosphere. It's up to you to use your imagination and have them work. That's why I only go on private rps with my friends because not everyone is going to cooperate on a public one.

I don't play anything BUT serious rp's, if I play them at all, but yeah, that's a huge problem. I can understand that they don't want their character to die, but seriously. What's the point of having a character if you're not even going to RP correctly?

Edit: Also, shouldn't this go in drama?
This isn't exactly drama worthy.

I only RP with mature friends, so usually that's not an issue. I suggest you do the same.