Author Topic: Would it be crazy if I asked her to move in with me?  (Read 558 times)

So there's this girl I previously liked. It's more of a complicated relationship thing because we liked each other but never went out and bad things happened and we didn't talk for 3 months but after a while we made up and now we are friends again. I still have the same plans of finding my own apartment but I need a room mate and it was originally going to be her. We discussed this earlier last year.

So here's there problem: We have only been friends again for a month but I don't know if it sounds crazy or not to ask her to move in with me.

Right now, she is the only person capable of keeping up with her half of the bills and plans to stay in this location for a year (plus i couldn't stand living with anyone else).

Should I ask her or wait a bit longer? What do you guys think?

Wait a bit longer. If your just friends and it stays that way, she might bring over guys and you would have no idea what they did

On the other hand, you could still like her. Emotional destruction

On the left hand :cookieMonster: you could totally be meant for each other and not have to keep seperate bedrooms.

If you don't really know her, you definantly don't know what she's like at home. My house is a wreck UNTIL company gets here, turns its clean enough to eat off the driveway.

I say wait a while, know her better, propose the idea.

Well, I've known her since we were kids ad she isn't really my "first". I used to go to her house 2-3 times a week whenever i didn't have classes or work so I am used to practically living with her since I helped her clean the house and sometimes I slept over because i lived a bit far and always stayed late. I don't have feelings for her that's for sure and I think honestly I wouldn't care if she brought other guys over just as I would bring other girls but I don't want her to be awkward or anything if she still thinks I have feelings for her. After all, She is still my best friend.

oooh that's

that's a little complicado hgupcom

Well if you both lay down the law on what's okay and what's not okay, provided the information you've given... I guess it doesn't sound TOO horrible.

Though, in this instance, I would keep this quote in mind;
"good fences make for better neighbors."

Propose the idea, see what she thinks, just don't pressure her into it. If she says maybe, give her time to think. If she's unsure a week later, sit down and write pros/cons

Thanks, AdinX. For both the quote and advice. I just asked her today and she is thinking about it. :P