Author Topic: GSF Procedural Terrain Generator  (Read 40144 times)

I was hoping to learn something from your code
But the code is a horror
So I can't learn from it
:(

How can I stop the bottom half of the terrain from being red?

I tested onWake, however, and it does work server-sided.
Only when you are the host of a non-dedicated server because then, server and client are the same, and client-sided scripts can run server-sided and the other way around, which means all that code wouldn't work at all with anyone other than the host using it
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 11:38:56 AM by Zeblote »

Change the sand in Biome 2

After so many blocks it just stops rendering them, meaning I can collide with them i just cant see them. Is there any fix to this?

How can I stop the bottom half of the terrain from being red?
-pic-
. . .
which means all that code wouldn't work at all with anyone other than the host using it
You need to setup the sand color in the Biome options. Also, I will look into that, thanks.

I was hoping to learn something from your code
But the code is a horror
So I can't learn from it
:(
Just curious, how exactly did you get the missing terrain issue? Was it due to editing the script or was it due to specific settings you put into the GUI? If the latter, do you remember exactly what the settings were?

After so many blocks it just stops rendering them, meaning I can collide with them i just cant see them. Is there any fix to this?
It's very easy to go over the brickcount when generating terrain, which causes only the brick collision meshes to generate. The next update will hopefully reduce this from happening as often.

I couldn't find a save option.

Is there one?

Not yet; I'm will definitely add a save/load option in a future update.

Also, I will look into that, thanks.
By that means, if you properly seperate client- and server-sided code, it could also work on a dedicated server
Just curious, how exactly did you get the missing terrain issue? Was it due to editing the script or was it due to specific settings you put into the GUI? If the latter, do you remember exactly what the settings were?
I just turned on the terrain bricks mode, didn't change the script
Maybe is it, because that mode requires more than the default terrain bricks?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:17:11 PM by Zeblote »

attempting to use the 4x terrain option is just giving me red bricks and printed monitors. maybe its the way im setting it but i dont know how to change the prints on 4x. i know how to change color without the 4x

you should include a default setting that makes the terrain the correct colors.

attempting to use the 4x terrain option is just giving me red bricks and printed monitors. maybe its the way im setting it but i dont know how to change the prints on 4x. i know how to change color without the 4x
-pic-

-pic
Hmm, setting up the colors and prints in the Biome Options menu will apply to both Large Cube bricks and Mod Ter bricks. Make sure you set up the dirt color/print and the water color/print.

By that means, if you properly seperate client- and server-sided code, it could also work on a dedicated serverI just turned on the terrain bricks mode, didn't change the script
Maybe is it, because that mode requires more than the default terrain bricks?
It should work with just the 4x Mod Ter pack. I'm not sure, but there may be another add-on conflicting with it or maybe it's set to read-only.

the next update should include an option that randomly generates terrain with colors and x y and z variables set to a compatible value. it gets tiresome having to set all those things to a decent setting every time my brother wants to create terrain.

Ghost, why are you mixing client and server-sided code? Zeblote it correct.

the next update should include an option that randomly generates terrain with colors and x y and z variables set to a compatible value. it gets tiresome having to set all those things to a decent setting every time my brother wants to create terrain.
I'll try to include preset colors for the next update; thanks for the suggestion. Although, I'm not sure what you mean by x,y and z variables?

Ghost, why are you mixing client and server-sided code? Zeblote it correct.
I just didn't catch it; please let me know where else I mixed client and server code. Also, I tested onWake by joining my own server from another computer, but it treated the connected client computer also as host, which is why I thought it worked server-sided.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 12:19:02 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

p00p
lol, that looks awesome..

can you make some kind of "Download package" thing?
so we don't have to down load the recommended stuff one-by-one?