GSF Procedural Terrain Generator

Author Topic: GSF Procedural Terrain Generator  (Read 40149 times)

Overall, this is very nice.

Sure, there are a few blips in the code, but I'm enjoying it so far. 
I can imagine a mcraft-like gamemode coming from this, among other things. (Infinite terrain generation? Sounds familiar.)

[:cookie: x3] for you, sir.

I'm very late, aren't I? :c

I set my short cut and the GUI wont show up

Solved it.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 06:54:14 PM by Fastlex »

This is great but I wish it was less 4x4 cube spammy :/

Was reading the code, and...

Code: (Server.cs) [Select]
if($Server::Dedicated)
{
//Some of the GUI files crash dedicated servers when executed
echo("WARNING: PTG has been known to crash dedicated servers on startup; execution aborted.");
}

Do I really need to explain this one?

This is great but I wish it was less 4x4 cube spammy :/
Thanks; I will try to include an option for larger brick sizes in the next update.

Overall, this is very nice.

Sure, there are a few blips in the code, but I'm enjoying it so far. 
I can imagine a mcraft-like gamemode coming from this, among other things. (Infinite terrain generation? Sounds familiar.)

[:cookie: x3] for you, sir.

I'm very late, aren't I? :c
Thank you :)

Was reading the code, and...

Code: (Server.cs) [Select]
if($Server::Dedicated)
{
//Some of the GUI files crash dedicated servers when executed
echo("WARNING: PTG has been known to crash dedicated servers on startup; execution aborted.");
}

Do I really need to explain this one?
Already addressed.

Don't know if this has been said, but large details like the pine tree can leave holes in the border blocks because they go slightly outside where the terrain ends.

Hell, it's about time!

Don't know if this has been said, but large details like the pine tree can leave holes in the border blocks because they go slightly outside where the terrain ends.
I thought it was fixed in the newest version.

I thought it was fixed in the newest version.
I fixed it just recently for the next update; when it comes out that problem should be resolved. Thanks for letting me know though.

Hell, it's about time!
I just noticed it was approved on RTB. :) I better hurry up on the next update...speaking of which:

Since the add-on was released on RTB, I'll be releasing the next update very soon, but I will scrap some of the planned features until later on. The next update will include:

• Fix boundaries interfering with detail bricks.[DONE]
  • Fix issues with bot hole bricks when used as details.[DONE]
  • Lower default Biome scale in Main Menu to avoid confusion with Biomes.[DONE]
  • Fix server command /ClearPTG.[DONE, thanks to Xalos]
  • Add rotation to detail bricks.[DONE]
  • Infinite terrain variation.[DONE]
  • Change depth of terrain (when Solid Ground is disabled) to help reduce the brickcount.[In Progress...]
  • Fix issues with client/server-sided code.[In Progress...]
  • Add a quick reference guide for the in-game help manuals (instead of the entire manuals).
  • Include "Food" brick category for detail bricks.[DONE]
  • Include Custom Height Value option to manipulate chunk-specific areas of the landscape.[DONE]

Also, make sure you have redownloaded the RTB version (the RTB version is somewhat outdated though, so the Custom Height Values option will be included in the update).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 04:05:57 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

I found a bug, you know the details that you could add (e.g. Large details, Misc details). Say i was using pine trees and i was using the 4x modular terrain, the pine trees would take place of the modular terrain ramp bricks because they are planted first. Other than that it's great!

I found a bug, you know the details that you could add (e.g. Large details, Misc details). Say i was using pine trees and i was using the 4x modular terrain, the pine trees would take place of the modular terrain ramp bricks because they are planted first. Other than that it's great!
Did you even read the post right before yours?
Anyways, Give us an option do download from mediafire/localhostr/whatever, RTB will take a lot of time to update the thing. I want the update already ._.

Anyways, Give us an option do download from mediafire/localhostr/whatever, RTB will take a lot of time to update the thing. I want the update already ._.
Updates on RTB go through instantly, they just have that skull and crossbones and say how they haven't been tested by the mods yet.

I'm not sure why it took so long for them to approve the mods, but Nasoa is right; the update will be instant. I'll try to have it released later today.

Thanks. :) I'll see what I can do; that's not easy to fix because it affects the incoherent noise algorithm (which is used for selecting detail bricks), among other things. In the mean time, the best way around this is to stretch out the terrain using Terrain XY-Scale, which will prevent detail/terrain brick interference from happening as often.

Is there another way to find the client who executed a function, instead of just using server commands?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 11:45:46 AM by [GSF]Ghost »

I can't get the GUI to show itself.
At all.

Edit: Okay, no really.
I can't do anything with this mod at all. What am I doing wrong?
The GUI wont bind to a key, wont show itself and I have no further instruction on how to fix this.

I see other people had this problem too, but there is no mention anywhere how they, or how to fix it...
This is beyond aggravating. I want to use this generator but I can't.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 12:37:16 AM by Mr.Noßody »

Someone else admitted that they had a lot of add-ons and was able to resolve the issue by clearing out some of them from their add-ons folder. Try that and see if it works. Is the issue that the keybind option doesn't show up in the Options menu or that the GUI won't appear when you try the keybind?