Author Topic: GSF Procedural Terrain Generator  (Read 40168 times)

You need to disable GameMode_SpeedKart in your add-ons menu.

Can someone tell me why it never finishes?

Try reinstalling PTG. If that doesn't work out try all default addons except for ptg. If that doesn't work out give a console.log of the error.

How do you activate the generator?

Set an keybind for it in the controls tab in the option menu.

for some odd reason, i can never figure this out. I'll have to sit down and try it @.@

You should add a way to put specific events on certain bricks in a Biome.
(Mainly because I would be so happy to be able to make Xalos' Civ.

I wish you could build something and have it randomly generate *hint hint* *nudge nudge*

אני כבר עובד על זה lol. האלוהים מחולל שטח מתפקד במידה מסוימת, אבל אני נתקל בבעיות עם קטילה System. כמו כן, ניסיתי לפתור את הבעיה עם פירוט בנייתו מלבנים עם השטח, אבל זה לא קל לתקן. את הפתרון הטוב ביותר עבור עכשיו רק כדי למתוח את השטח כדי למנוע מן המתרחש.

You should add a way to put specific events on certain bricks in a Biome.
(Mainly because I would be so happy to be able to make Xalos' Civ.
Great idea; I'll consider it.

Can someone tell me why it never finishes?

-pic-
You probably went over the server brick count, which is very easy to do since you have the Solid Ground option enabled.

אני כבר עובד על זה lol. האלוהים מחולל שטח מתפקד במידה מסוימת, אבל אני נתקל בבעיות עם קטילה System. כמו כן, ניסיתי לפתור את הבעיה עם פירוט בנייתו מלבנים עם השטח, אבל זה לא קל לתקן. את הפתרון הטוב ביותר עבור עכשיו רק כדי למתוח את השטח כדי למנוע מן המתרחש.
All I understood was "lol."

Not sure if it has been suggested but how about a lava terrain option?

Would be very useful for making volcanic environments, and not having to script all the water :)

You probably went over the server brick count, which is very easy to do since you have the Solid Ground option enabled.
I'll try this...

Max Brick Count: 999999

It has left other parts of the map not generated than just this part. Mostly the outskirts.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 08:22:07 PM by Mounds Bar »

I'll try this...
-pic-

Max Brick Count: 999999

It has left other parts of the map not generated than just this part. Mostly the outskirts.
Even if you set the brick count that high, it still caps at 256,000 unfortunately. In the screenshot you posted, it shows that the collision was generated, but the bricks weren't rendered, which wouldn't be due to the generator. If that happens again, please let me know the brick count just to be sure. If it's under 256,000 when you encounter the problem, then it's related to something else.

Not sure if it has been suggested but how about a lava terrain option?

Would be very useful for making volcanic environments, and not having to script all the water :)
That's a good idea; I'll consider that too.

All I understood was "lol."
I already replied to his comment, so I replied again in Hebrew lol.
---
I already have the infinite terrain generator working to some extent, but I'm having issues with the culling system. Once I get culling to work correctly and set it up to work with all/a certain number of players, then It'll be ready for release.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 08:56:03 PM by [GSF]Ghost »