GSF Procedural Terrain Generator

Author Topic: GSF Procedural Terrain Generator  (Read 40122 times)

Very Nice Job!
Thanks!

Dude, I've always loved your add ons, and I love your love of God and christian attitude, this is great!!! Keep coding, buddy!!!
:)

But anyways, if you fix the brick spam thing, that would be great.
I'll try to have that fixed for the next update.

Could you add a different download mirror? My computer doesn't seem to like Medifire all of a sudden. Or if someone else could do it, if its not to much work, that would be great.
Sure, which hosting site do y'all recommend? I've noticed some people use DropBox.

Never mind, fixed it, what are the smoothest seed numbers for the best terrain results?
The default seed works pretty well. In terms of smoothing though, a lower smoothing coefficient might look better for smaller-scaled terrain.

Here's what I'm working on for the next update! Hopefully, I will be able to include everything listed:

• Fix boundaries interfering with detail bricks [DONE]
  • Fix issues with bot hole bricks when used as details [DONE]
  • Lower default Biome scale in Main Menu to avoid confusion with Biomes [DONE]
  • Add a quick reference guide for the in-game help manuals (instead of the entire manuals)
  • Change depth of terrain (when Solid Ground is disabled) to help reduce the brickcount
  • Allow selection of brick size (and possibly use ModTer bricks from the default Basic Pack, relative to the Terrain Z-Scale value)
  • Fix server command /ClearPTG
  • Generate detail bricks after generating terrain (instead of while generating terrain) to prevent them from interfering with the terrain.
  • Improve Ground Gap-Filling; i.e. use non-plate bricks (in addition to plates) to also help reduce the server brickcount.
  • Include more brick-categories for detail bricks? (If y'all have suggestions let me know).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:01:13 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Oooo I have an suggestion. Have a favorites system for all your settings which includes biomes.

I am definitely planning on incorporating that in the near future.

Dropbox is great, yeah. Thanks!

No problem, a mirror download has been added to the OP.

Finally, This coming out! I forget how make like this one.

Ooh you should add, a heaven feature , like the clouds but has details and stuff (Sorry if it is in and about my English)

Why do all details face the same direction :|

edit: how do you get this effect on the terrain?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 06:25:25 PM by Aware »

You are the most incredible person.

Pretty awesome so far. Makes me want to clean up these pine trees for a release.

I setup the generator to use custom biomes, but they didn't seem to generate. Will have to try again later tonight.
What trees are those

You are the most incredible person.
:)

edit: how do you get this effect on the terrain?

The displaced cubes? You need to set the Terrain Z-Scale to 0.25.

Ooh you should add, a heaven feature , like the clouds but has details and stuff (Sorry if it is in and about my English)
That would be interesting lol.

The server command /clearPTG has been fixed for the next update. Also, detail bricks will have pseudo-random rotation applied.

floating bricks are awful for something like this imo

if it's just for aesthetic use, it's fine, but if you intend to build on it it's p bad. i know you can use zone cubes or w/e, but it's really just a big inconvenience

it has to be said that the end result is pretty with this regardless, so if you do happen to use it for prettiness only, it's a good option

overall great excluding my gripe about floating from what i see

Why do all details face the same direction :|
I don't know if you missed or just didn't comment on this, but here is a picture of what I ment:

floating bricks are awful for something like this imo

if it's just for aesthetic use, it's fine, but if you intend to build on it it's p bad. i know you can use zone cubes or w/e, but it's really just a big inconvenience

it has to be said that the end result is pretty with this regardless, so if you do happen to use it for prettiness only, it's a good option

overall great excluding my gripe about floating from what i see
what if i want to place water? zones don't let me do that. what if i want to use actual zone bricks in places where another zone already exists? let me just delete that zo- there goes the build!

blockland's "floating" brick system sucks when it comes to brick terrain and needs a complete remodeling.