Author Topic: GSF Procedural Terrain Generator  (Read 40163 times)

The infinite terrain generator is now working! (At least to some extent.) I'll try to have it ready for the next udpate. Infinite terrain variation has also been added for the update.

Y E S !

What bricks do you use if you want to use the terrain bricks? Like what certain bricks.

Why in the world aren't you using your own modular terrain for this generated terrain?

Why in the world aren't you using your own modular terrain for this generated terrain?
It does use Modular Terrain.

-pic-
Click for larger
Very nice!

The infinite terrain generator is now working! (At least to some extent.) I'll try to have it ready for the next udpate. Infinite terrain variation has also been added for the update.
God bless you.
So I see that these bricks chew up brick count pretty quickly. A 128x128 square of land with stone-filled ground took 80k bricks. If I use the hollowed ground or caves, would it significantly reduce brick count? Also can caves reach the surface of the landscape?

-pic-
Y'all are starting to get the hang of it.

God bless you.
So I see that these bricks chew up brick count pretty quickly. A 128x128 square of land with stone-filled ground took 80k bricks. If I use the hollowed ground or caves, would it significantly reduce brick count? Also can caves reach the surface of the landscape?
Disabling the Solid Ground option will definitely help. Also, caves can't reach the surface of the landscape; the bottom cave layer can't exceed the top cave layer.

Thanks, although I still have withdrawls...
Thank you :)

Well then again your still technically in some way making maps...

Can wait for the Infinite terrain generator, though won't it be a good idea to make it stop when it reaches the Farlands?
You know, Where everything gets deformed and stuff doesn't look properly anymore....

Due to how it works I don't think it's going to have the Farlands issue; it may just take slightly longer to generate depending on how far you are from the origin.

Due to how it works I don't think it's going to have the Farlands issue; it may just take slightly longer to generate depending on how far you are from the origin.
it uses pseudo randoms, right?
It will just become slightly more abnormal the further away from the origin you are.

I just tested it and discovered that the engine auto-removes bricks after 1,000,000 units. Otherwise, due to how the generator handles your coordiantes, it wouldn't be an issue. Things get really strange after 30,000,000+ units...

How do I remove the useless bricks under the terrain?