Author Topic: Mounting Camera to Weapon Node  (Read 1341 times)

Is there way to like make a Weapon EyeNode, give that EyeNode some type of ID, set up a listener to find the EyeNode of the weapon, then mount a camera onto that EyeNode once triggered?

Im trying to provide Ironsights without having to mount another image.

ironsights doesn't require mounting another image,
It doesn't require more than 1 model
it uses eyeoffsets
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 10:32:54 PM by MARBLE MAN »

ironsights doesn't require mounting another image,
it uses eyeoffsets
lol, i didnt know you could just edit the eye offset from the original image. I usually have 2 images, 1 for Hip Fire, 1 for ironsight (I change the eye offset on this image). How did you make the hip fire image only require a simple edit to the eye offset in script in order to apply ironsight without another datablock image?

lol, i didnt know you could just edit the eye offset from the original image. I usually have 2 images, 1 for Hip Fire, 1 for ironsight (I change the eye offset on this image). How did you make the hip fire image only require a simple edit to the eye offset in script in order to apply ironsight without another datablock image?
Woops,
I meant, It doesn't require multiple models,
just multiple images...
You just mount a different image for StateScript[#]
like,
StatesScript[0] = "onMeow";
function nameImage::onMeow(%this,%object,%slot)
{
   %object.unMountImage(%object.currslot);
   %object.mountImage(newImage,%object.currslot); //I use currslot because that other slot doesn't always work for mw
}

Woops,
I meant, It doesn't require multiple models,
just multiple images...
You just mount a different image for StateScript[#]
like,
StatesScript[0] = "onMeow";
function nameImage::onMeow(%this,%object,%slot)
{
   %object.unMountImage(%object.currslot);
   %object.mountImage(newImage,%object.currslot); //I use currslot because that other slot doesn't always work for mw
}

Lol, I found a way to do ironsights without having to make another datablockimage

Lol, I found a way to do ironsights without having to make another datablockimage
In multiplayer this won't work out so well.

In multiplayer this won't work out so well.
I beta tested it with other people, they say it works fine. This method allowed me to add a Aim-in animation that allows shooting before you go into complete ironsight, to were your accuracy is fully increase, similar to the way Call Of Duty uses it's ironsight motion and function