Poll

Do you plan on attempting to attend?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Blockoworld 2013 - CANCELED ! View OP  (Read 30085 times)

Btw munk was helping with this convention a clan thing, because if so i wasn't warned
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 06:43:22 PM by Nymph »

How the forget was I supposed to know that chat would be spammed? It's not my fault that when discovering a bug, I triggered another bug.

You guys really have no respect for bug finders. It's disgusting.
Yes, it's a known issue since forever. No, it can't really be fixed, since the hook it uses (which is the earliest I've found so far where it's still late enough that the BL_ID has already been received) is late enough that you can't silently kick someone any more. I decided to do the next best thing.

If you have a fix (either a silent kick or an earlier hook), tell me or send a pull request. Until then, just don't do it.

How about instead of kicking them you ban them for 5 minutes every time they connect?

I know the DRPG code has a hook that is early enough for the name not to appear, I'll look around in the code and see if I find it.

EDIT: This should be useful.
Code: [Select]
function GameConnection::onConnectRequest(%this,%a,%b,%c,%d,%e,%f,%g,%h,%i)
{
echo("\n" @ %c SPC "trying to connect.");
if(%f !$= "")
{
%this.hasRTB = 1;
%this.rtbVersion = %f;
}
if(getField(%h,1) $= "DRPG")
{
echo(%c SPC "trying to connect with DRPG v" @ getField(%h,2) @ ".");
if(trim(getField(%h,2)) >= trim($DRPG::ClientVersion))
{
%this.hasDRPG = 1;
%this.drpgVersion = getField(%h,2);
Parent::onConnectRequest(%this,%a,%b,%c,%d,%e,%f,%g,%h,%i);
}
else
{
echo(%C SPC "needs to download a new version of DRPG.");
%this.schedule(0,"delete","You need the latest <a:www.mediafire.com/?ifq8z91zhj4pq5i/>Client</a> (v" @ $DRPG::ClientVersion @ " ) to play on this server.");
return;
}
}
else
{
echo(%c SPC "trying to connect without DRPG.");
%this.schedule(0,"delete","You need the latest <a:www.mediafire.com/?ifq8z91zhj4pq5i/>Client</a> (v" @ $DRPG::ClientVersion @ " ) to play on this server.");
}
}
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 12:33:54 AM by Pecon »

I know the DRPG code has a hook that is early enough for the name not to appear, I'll look around in the code and see if I find it.
DRPG just checks if it's in a list of add-ons the client sends. There is a hook where you can get things like the name, but since this requires the BL_ID, which requires that it first sends a request to the auth server, that's not going to work.

When do booths have to be completed?

When do booths have to be completed?
within 2 month. it is getting hosted some time in the summer.

The current dates I am looking at are June 3rd - 14th. These aren't exact but are probably pretty close.

fillcan dude come on =(

The current dates I am looking at are June 3rd - 14th. These aren't exact but are probably pretty close.
Post it as soon as you know. We're rushing to finish our mods and get an SS server up by the time this opens.

munk/nullable; booths really need to be built off of the map floor, not off of other baseplates - if they are, brick ownership gets funky when loaded. it would save a lot of trouble if you redid the floor so that booths are built off of completely empty spots (with signs in front of the lot designating who gets the spot)

hi.

good luck to munk here for his first blockoworld, not like last year where we tried again with him.

i will be attending it sometime this year, checking out what there is to offer.

munk/nullable; booths really need to be built off of the map floor, not off of other baseplates - if they are, brick ownership gets funky when loaded. it would save a lot of trouble if you redid the floor so that booths are built off of completely empty spots (with signs in front of the lot designating who gets the spot)
This. So events wont be all... ASDF.

I will get on later today and start building probably, if I can catch you Munk.

This.