bedroom as a brick?

Author Topic: bedroom as a brick?  (Read 2593 times)

its because I didn't setup model correctly before exporting.
:P
do you have dif to blb, or dif to dts, dts to obj, obj to blb OR dif to obj to blb

I actually downloaded the bedroom which was converted to dts by siba in torque 3d. and then used shaper to turn it to obj then used obj2blb.

I actually downloaded the bedroom which was converted to dts by siba in torque 3d. and then used shaper to turn it to obj then used obj2blb.
That will absolutely not work at all. The bedroom model has terribly bad geometry, thousands of triangles, and far too many faces to be in a single BLB.

That will absolutely not work at all. The bedroom model has terribly bad geometry, thousands of triangles, and far too many faces to be in a single BLB.
Still less polys then a BF3 pack gun

Split the bedroom into segments, then! Besides, if you make the carpet, walls, etc. colorable, it would add a nice touch of customization. This is what siba did to make a more customizable minifig.
Still less polys then a BF3 pack gun
In a jokingly, not serious manner, I suppose.

parts of the bedroom should be bricks.

the bed
the dresser
the walls and floor
the door
the window frame
the glass panes (so you can event them)
the lamp
etc

Im pretty sure this wouldnt be possible seeing that a brick is collisioned as a whole, so you wouldnt be able to go inside the house. But, however, I could be wrong, because JVS is sorta like that... Ive been thinking about this for some time. I came to the decision that it would be easier just to make a client sided house generator from builds that I include, and being able to select features like

• Style
  • How Many Rooms
  • How Many Bathrooms
  • How Many Floors
  • Features
  • Small Detail

etc.

I thought of this before, but if it is impossible to make such huge bricks, then the solution is to make different parts of the bedroom. Then you can arrange it correctly and there, you have the bedroom. I don't know how textures for like bedroom-dark would work though. Like the light from the lamp will look weird.

Edit: Didn't look at the posts on page 2, my bad. But I thought of it early.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 08:30:24 PM by OzmarBlock »

What if it came in sections? Like a puzzle but it was a bunch of BLBs that were 64x large each that created the bedroom.

I thought of this before, but if it is impossible to make such huge bricks, then the solution is to make different parts of the bedroom. Then you can arrange it correctly and there, you have the bedroom. I don't know how textures for like bedroom-dark would work though. Like the light from the lamp will look weird.

Edit: Didn't look at posts. But I thought of it early.

What if it came in sections? Like a puzzle but it was a bunch of BLBs that were 64x large each that created the bedroom.

That's basically what I ment.

Bricks can not have over 6-8 loving collision surfaces.

Someone could make a large modeled house you can't go inside just to mess with you though.

That's basically what I ment.
yea i saw that as i was posting lol

i think it would be a great idea to make the bedroom with modter

i think it would be a great idea to make the bedroom with modter
This is the only way it would be possible and at a decent brick count/look good.

Collision is impossible on a full scale model; and as Demian said, stuffload of triangles and horrid geometry, and virtually impossible for any sane human to UV it manually for the actual print.

There is currently no converter that converts UV coords.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 01:45:06 AM by Conservative »

Bricks can not have over 6-8 loving collision surfaces.

There is currently no converter that converts UV coords.
This is indeed where it falls apart. If we had a converter I might make this.

Here's my post about the Bedroom brick from earlier this year: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=224296.msg6335320#msg6335320