Author Topic: Any idea on how to reset xfinity router/modem combo?  (Read 19853 times)

I need to reset my xfinity router and modem combo, but I'm not sure how, I know I press the reset button for a period of time, but do I unplug and replug in after resetting?

Just unplug the cable running from the modem to the router and the power to the router. No need to reset the modem.

Just unplug the cable running from the modem to the router and the power to the router. No need to reset the modem.
I have to reset it, I do not even know the password.
Also, its a all in one, meaning the router is combined with the modem.

I have to reset it, I do not even know the password.
Also, its a all in one, meaning the router is combined with the modem.

Ah so you need to do a hard reset, try and find a model on it.

Arris Model: TG862G/CT
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 11:47:42 PM by Maxx_ »

I can't find anything on how to actually reset but maybe this manual could help you find whatever youre looking to fix;
http://www.arrisi.com/support/documentation/user_guides/_docs/tg862g-na_user_guide_standard1-3.pdf

go to page 45

I can't find anything on how to actually reset but maybe this manual could help you find whatever youre looking to fix;
http://www.arrisi.com/support/documentation/user_guides/_docs/tg862g-na_user_guide_standard1-3.pdf

go to page 45
Ok I know what to do, but will it change my Network name for my wifi, and the Wifi password?
Reasons for doing this is simply because My father has no clue what the password and username to it is.

Ok I know what to do, but will it change my Network name for my wifi, and the Wifi password?
Reasons for doing this is simply because My father has no clue what the password and username to it is.
yes it will. you'll probably have to consult the manual again to get it all set up. Did you try the defaults for the login, it's most likely just that.

yes it will. you'll probably have to consult the manual again to get it all set up. Did you try the defaults for the login, it's most likely just that.
No, it was setup to what my father put it.
And its a xfinity router thing, so the arris in the picture isn't what i have.

Maybe you could get on the phone with Comcast then?

Maybe you could get on the phone with Comcast then?
Eh don't really want to, its 11PM here, my dad reset it a while ago, but didn't do it properly, hes supposed to hold down the reset button for 15 seconds, but he only like clicked it.

Eh don't really want to, its 11PM here, my dad reset it a while ago, but didn't do it properly, hes supposed to hold down the reset button for 15 seconds, but he only like clicked it.
That means all the settings are the same and it just started up again, right?

That means all the settings are the same and it just started up again, right?
Yeah.