2 (9.5%)
David Tennant (2005–2010)
8 (38.1%)
Matt Smith (2010–present)
3 (14.3%)
I don't watch the show.
5 (23.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Doctor Who Thread - FINALE SPOILERS INSIDE  (Read 1455 times)

Info
Doctor Who is a British television show (that is now airing more in America). It features a time and space travelling hero with the species of a timelord who goes by the name of 'The Doctor' or just 'Doctor'. This timelord when dying has a feature to change his appearance and 'regenerate' (allowing a different actor to take the role), though if in the process he his shot or killed in some other way he will die forever. His race was killed long ago in a timewar, a giant war between the timelords and the Daleks, the Doctor's most feared enemy. Even though the Doctor was a rouge timelord he still misses his counterparts. He travels in a bigger on the inside police box named 'The TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension In Space)'. Normally he has one or two companions (ranging from a human, to an alien, to a talking tin dog) with him who eventually die or leave. The show started in 1963 and ended in 1989. It was when revived in 2005. So far the show has had 11 Doctors and the current Doctor is played by Matt Smith.

From left to right like a book all the Doctors in chronological order. The new show featured the bottom three.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:17:36 PM by Freeze »

How many people have seen the Movie with Paul McGann?

Other than 20 minutes of it being really weird, it was really good.

How many people have seen the Movie with Paul McGann?

Other than 20 minutes of it being really weird, it was really good.
I saw it, it wasn't bad actually. Not great, but not bad.

I saw it, it wasn't bad actually. Not great, but not bad.
Paul McGann needs to have a few episodes or something. They should actually do a season about the Time War featuring Paul McGann and/or Cristopher Eccleston.

Paul McGann needs to have a few episodes or something. They should actually do a season about the Time War featuring Paul McGann and/or Cristopher Eccleston.
I wouldn't be surprised if the 50th consisted of the time war. Pity Chris is against coming back... but who knows, maybe he could come back just for the regeneration?

Might just be that my monitor is small, but you've got a bit of a page-stretch with the Doctor Who logo.

I rather enjoyed last nights (Saturday 30th March) episode.
While I still remain thoroughly annoyed with the planning of the series, in that we'll only have a few episodes before they make us wait until September for a new series (where we will only get half a series again), I am glad to have the series back.

Matt Smith is still a bit unusual for my tastes.
I find sometimes he's too silly, and othertimes he comes off too serious (which I don't think he can pull off very well).
And Jenna-Louise Coleman is an interesting actress, and I think she plays her part rather well, but I'm also not keen on the weird portrayal of her character so far either.

I'd prefer it if she was just another regular person, picked up in the Doctor's unusual adventures, in the same way that Rose, Martha, Donna and Amy were.
Starting her off with being some sort of enigma (having been found in 3 different locations in time and space already) just seems like a big rush into her character.
It seems like the discovery of her character will be forced upon us quite quickly, rather than it slowly manifesting as it did with the others.
But, that's the downside of giving her a half-series to be introduced. The cliffhanger/climax of the series has to be created very quickly, and has to match up to the ending for the first half of the series.

Oh well.
I might come off as a bit pessimistic towards the series, but I truly am excited and keen for it.
I think that the quality of the writing/planning has dropped a bit, since the Eleventh Doctor's arrival (not Matt Smith's fault), but they still manage to keep it interesting and fun.
Bring on the rest of this series! (or what's left of it)

Sooo. I've never seen the show. Am I the only one? lol

I'm staying out of this thread until I watch Bells of Saint John on my DVR because I missed it last night.

I don't trust you fellows with spoilers.

Definitely not the only one, but it's worth watching a couple of episodes just to get the taste of it.

Nope.

Freeze
Wheres the favorite doctor poll?

Might just be that my monitor is small, but you've got a bit of a page-stretch with the Doctor Who logo.
I'll change that now, it's fine for me but I've got a decently large monitor so yeah.

I agree with you on that the series's quality isn't as good as it used to be. As much as I like Moffat's writing I sort of want someone else doing it now... I don't like that he's split the series up and I don't like the way he does overarching story arcs.

Freeze
Wheres the favorite doctor poll?
I'll go do that now to. :)

Bump.
I hope we're using this topic for discussion of the latest Doctor Who episodes again.

"The Rings of Akhaten" aired on Saturday 6th April.

I thought it was really good.
Gave us a good insight into the character of Clara Oswald.
And I am really warming up to Jenna Lousie-Coleman. I think I'm going to prefer her as an actress to Karen Gillan.

Did anyone else catch last night's episode?

Also, someone else be a saddo and have a go at this quiz on last night's episode. (There are spoilers).
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01rx0lj/features/the-rings-of-akhaten-the-quiz
My score is 204.
1 incorrect answer
48 seconds total
average time to answer: 3 seconds
highest question score: 18 points
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 08:10:12 PM by sir dooble »