Author Topic: Have there ever been any "big" games made using GameMaker?  (Read 2183 times)

I'm asking this, because I was thinking of starting a GameMaker project, and I need motivation.

Have there ever been any big games made using GameMaker? By "big" I mean, something like an RPG with a huge world to explore, or something like a Mario-like platformer with multiple levels within worlds to complete. Basically anything that looked great enough to have been on a 16-bit console, like the SNES, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, or possibly on a much later console. I'm not talking about time-wasters like Angry Birds or any of that stuff.

Has any of this been done before? Or do you know any people who are still working on things like this?

something like a Mario-like platformer with multiple levels within worlds to complete.

The older version of spelunky?
http://spelunkyworld.com/

Does Hotline Miami count?

Hotline Miamo, Gang Garrison 2.

Stick: Online, I think it was called.

Online game, huge overworld. I think there was combat. Lots of collectibles. I think the servers are still up, but you have to donate to play.

Yeah the original version of Spelunky is probably the biggest.

EDIT: And Hotline Miami.

Final Fantasy XII
Halo 2
Blockland
Sea Bass Fishing
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:03:32 PM by Electrk »

Risk of rain. Inspiring

Stick: Online, I think it was called.

Online game, huge overworld. I think there was combat. Lots of collectibles. I think the servers are still up, but you have to donate to play.
That's not really a donation, is it?