Author Topic: Pixel Events  (Read 6491 times)

Characters in fonts will be represented by an arrange of 1's and 0's and will be put in a subfolder under config/server/PixelEvents/fonts/.
Code: (M.txt) [Select]
1 0 0 0 1
1 1 0 1 1
1 0 1 0 1
1 0 0 0 1
1 0 0 0 1
1 0 0 0 1
1 0 0 0 1

lol, this is pretty much exactly what my "computer mod" did except there weren't any spaces between the points

so literally a bitmap? can these be loaded ingame at runtime?

could one theoretically code a monitor with gui utilizing bitmapping to run ingame?

even if not clickable, it would be very nice as a server monitor in an admin room
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 09:14:07 PM by Lugnut »

so literally a bitmap? can these be loaded ingame at runtime?
If I figure out how to read bitmaps, but otherwise I am unsure how.
could one theoretically code a monitor with gui utilizing bitmapping to run ingame?

even if not clickable, it would be very nice as a server monitor in an admin room
Yes, though it would be low resolution due to the engine's limitations.
I may test a higher resolution version and see how it handles.

I may test a higher resolution version and see how it handles.

On an average computer, anything above 100x100 "screen pixels" would drop you under 6 fps instantly.

How well does, say, 8x8 or 32x32 handle? Those are okay 'resolutions'

How well does, say, 8x8 or 32x32 handle? Those are okay 'resolutions'
That would be fine. The resolution of a screen is 5* the x-y size of a brick and 2* the height. So turning a 1x12x5 brick into a screen would have a resolution of 60*30.

You may want to look into some kind of distributed pixel updating system, since just updating all pixels at once will make everyone start ghosting for a bit unless you're using a ridiculously small resolution.

You may want to look into some kind of distributed pixel updating system, since just updating all pixels at once will make everyone start ghosting for a bit unless you're using a ridiculously small resolution.
Surprisingly node color changes don't result in ghosting. They're really low priority.

Surprisingly node color changes don't result in ghosting. They're really low priority.

Try that with 50*50 static shapes each changing their color at once.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 02:35:49 AM by Plexious »

Just got Pixel_Hide and Pixel_Unhide working. Just need to finish Pixel_Save, Pixel_Load, and Pixel_LoadTemp.

This isn't dead yet.

This add-on would be epic for people with skill. ( I'm not one of them :| )