Author Topic: StarMade - Ahhhh Big Ships  (Read 143762 times)

power blocks work based on their box dimensions
there is a soft cap on box dimension bonuses once a regen of 1 million is reached
after that you're better off just placing them in lines and then just placing them in large chunks

It's just weird because I thought the golden rule for power blocks was to build in L's

It's just weird because I thought the golden rule for power blocks was to build in L's
no
nononono

expanding them outward in all dimensions brings more power
any block in an attached group of power blocks that does not contribute to the box dimension simply adds 25 regen
which is not helpful at all

if you want, i can come onto NASS and share with you my reactor engine design

expanding them outward in all dimensions brings more power
any block in an attached group of power blocks that does not contribute to the box dimension simply adds 25 regen
which is not helpful at all

if you want, i can come onto NASS and share with you my reactor engine design

But I get more power when I place them separately...

Yeah, I'd like to meet you on NASS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0PRtivHB9U

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

time to buy starmade

But its free...?

Huh, when did they put a price tag on it? Last I played it it was free.

But its free...?

Huh, when did they put a price tag on it? Last I played it it was free.
It is still free, but it won't be for much longer once it enters Beta

a pic of the sunset's design lineage

a pic of the sunset's design lineage
-poop-

ram them into each other

ram them into each other
Oh I did.
It was like a fat slow-mo game of dominoes.
And it lagged so bad my game nearly crashed.

Oh I did.
It was like a fat slow-mo game of dominoes.
And it lagged so bad my game nearly crashed.

that's how you know you're doing it right

although i do wish that starmade collision physics would work like space engineers.

it would solve a lot of problems if the thing being crashed into didn't try and stay in its original position and would move along with the impacting ship while reducing a bit of velocity as a result from the collision itself

Eventually you will be able to configure your game to have physics akin to SE. however you'll never have large ship collisons work as well, owing to the fact that SE uses larger blocks for larger ships

how much is this game
its free
you can pre-register your account for $6 though so you will own it at a cheaper price once the game actually costs money to own

right now you can just download it for free and play it

Do people in starmade even bother with interiors or do they just stuff their ships with shield generators

Do people in starmade even bother with interiors or do they just stuff their ships with shield generators
Oh yes, they do. Most people who play for serious combat build ships that have minimal interiors for maximum shield space. Others build ships with large interior spaces for roleplaying. I go for a balance of both.