Author Topic: StarMade - Ahhhh Big Ships  (Read 143750 times)

I love how all the planets are relatively flat disks, but the asteroids are irregularly shaped.
Gravity for round planets is bound to happen.

Got a weird bug where I can pilot the ship, but when I get off the ship I'm back where I took off. Got stuck on a planet due to this bug.

Got a weird bug where I can pilot the ship, but when I get off the ship I'm back where I took off. Got stuck on a planet due to this bug.
This is actually being worked on right now. Go to your navigational menu and mark your ship. Then jump off the side of the planet and float towards it. Always carry a spare ship core, thruster and a booster with you so you can make a quick travel ship if this happens.

Official unoffocial dedicated blockland starmade server:

66.205.129.39:4242

(not mine)

Some updates

Hello,

another bugfix update.

I originally planned to add features today after a few bugfixes, but a report was posted on the forum that finally gave showed me how to reproduce a bug that has been hunting me forever: one of the ugliest kind: random physics glitches like stuff falling through planets and ships glitching into stations.

There never seemed anything causing this until I finally realized what they might have had in common and why it was so hard to spot. The bug happened when a structure was docked onto a big structure like a planet or a station, but only if the whole thing is loaded in an already docked state (sector becoming inactive, or shutting down the singleplayer game). If the docked ship was undocked and docked again, the bug was magically gone. It took me 8 hours crawling in the bullet library to finally see what was going on. It's pretty hard to explain, but updating the mass of the docked ship (which normally should have been ignored) caused the matrices to slightly go crazy, which lead to faulty contact normals and collision responses.

I hope I removed all instances of this bug now.

Here is the rest changelog:

- fixed bug that would exclude edited asteroids from being loaded in a sector
- fixed output bug on repair beams
- hint to connect blocks manually if controller block was placed in astronaut mode
- removed unnecessary local segment requests from client cache (removes some lag on loading visited sectors)
- fixed bug in control element handling when removing a controller block (Selection box lingers)
- weapon entry in weaponManager panel is now updated when selected weapon is edited (distribution still resets though)

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

All rotations can now be chosen in advanced build mode. All spike-shapes are not yet implemented (would be 24 more roations), but will come somewhere in the future, as well as maybe half-blocks.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- schema

The screenshots hurt my eyes, thank goodness that can be changed.

The screenshots hurt my eyes, thank goodness that can be changed.
Sorry, i spend a lot of time near the sun. It's where the ice crystals are more exposed.

How do I look around?
Mouse?

Also right shift if you're in a space ship. I recommend you scroll out first though.

Did i mention you could scroll out before? No one seems to know this.

Also the fact that the game is free.

Also right shift if you're in a space ship. I recommend you scroll out first though.

Did i mention you could scroll out before? No one seems to know this.

Oh what the forget I thought you were locked into the roosterpit view

Also I had like 200 or so L5 ores
I don't know either

Oh what the forget I thought you were locked into the roosterpit view

Also I had like 200 or so L5 ores
I don't know either
Also you can buy more views for your ship. They're called roosterpits or something.
I assume you're referring to the core.

You can switch views with the left arrow button.

Also you can buy more views for your ship. They're called roosterpits or something.
I assume you're referring to the core.

Yeah I was.
Well this changes a lot of things.
Also I'm really hoping turrets or some other way to pivot weaponry so you shoot off to the sides or behind rather than just in front of you is added at some point.
Because that would be awesome for having like a five-man crew in a broadsider just destroy the stuff out of every pirate they come across.

Yeah I was.
Well this changes a lot of things.
Also I'm really hoping turrets or some other way to pivot weaponry so you shoot off to the sides or behind rather than just in front of you is added at some point.
Because that would be awesome for having like a five-man crew in a broadsider just destroy the stuff out of every pirate they come across.
Well, if you have a roosterpit on the side of your ship and you fire your weapons from it they'lle go that was i believe.

Also i think other players can enter weapon systems and fire them anywhere.

The "How do I look around" thing is because the interface is so buggy.