Author Topic: I got the "websearch.helpmefindyour.info" virus. What do?  (Read 2475 times)

I installed Anvi and avast! and both found some stuff, Anvi only found masm stuff though, and C:\END which I removed. Though it also found things like faxcool.exe which got removed and I'm pretty worried.
What do I do?

im guessing the websearch part is a search engine hijacker.

Well, if it's removed then there is no need to worry and you just continue about your day.

Well, if it's removed then there is no need to worry and you just continue about your day.
uh
the entire point of this topic is the fact that it isn't removing lol

You never mentioned anything in the OP that you had trouble removing something. You only said what got removed.

You never mentioned anything in the OP that you had trouble removing something. You only said what got removed.
it did remove stuff
but it didn't remove the virus.

It could possibly be a keylogger according to the name and the fact you can't remove it.

it did remove stuff
but it didn't remove the virus.
Oh well. Typical AV software would won't remove or even detect that kind of stuff for whatever reason.
The software that should be able to remove that is
malwarebytes

It could possibly be a keylogger according to the name and the fact you can't remove it.
you're kidding

right

Server browser hijackers are particularly aggressive, not even malwarebytes will find them, you are required to delete certain files in your windows registry manually.

I fought with one for months, and while I forget exactly how I did it, I know I had to delete quite a few registry files, add the site to my blacklist on google somehow, and set google as my default homepage.

stop trying it act like you know stuff about keyloggers

Server browser hijackers are particularly aggressive, not even malwarebytes will find them, you are required to delete certain files in your windows registry manually.

I fought with one for months, and while I forget exactly how I did it, I know I had to delete quite a few registry files, add the site to my blacklist on google somehow, and set google as my default homepage.
there is such a thing as undiscovered malware.

they can stay undiscovered for months or even years, you just happened to get infected with one.

Not all browser hijackers aggressive. The browser hijackers I've encountered from drive by downloads have been really easy to detect and remove by Malwarebytes. But that's just my experience.

i feel so lucky that i only get stuck with adware that i can uninstall
how do you even delete stuff from your registry lol

Still running but malwarebytes got 5 objects
waiting for the rest to come.