Author Topic: Aludane's Failed Spaceship Projects / A Graveyard of Scrap  (Read 7747 times)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgylViCFHAs
related
You're the only person to get at what I've done more closely.

I am a major fan of Homeworld, Homeworld Cata and Homeworld 2 and I'm expecting great things from Hardware. I wanted to see if anybody picked up on it from the screenshots.

One day I'm going to build a damn big Homeworld ship. Maybe that should be my ARES app.



We would be able to see your ships better if you didn't add prissy environmental effects that obscure the entire ship with shadows/dust...
It's the effect I wanted to go for.

It's the effect I wanted to go for.
Well no stuff, Sherlock. If it 'wasn't the effect you were going for', you wouldn't have added it.


Well no stuff, Sherlock. If it 'wasn't the effect you were going for', you wouldn't have added it.


Why the sudden hostility? If you feel like I've done something wrong PM me otherwise calm down.

Why the sudden hostility? If you feel like I've done something wrong PM me otherwise calm down.
"It's the effect I wanted to go for." is the most useless answer ever. Did you want to show us your ship builds or your expertise in messing with the environmental sliders?

You're the only person to get at what I've done more closely.

I am a major fan of Homeworld, Homeworld Cata and Homeworld 2 and I'm expecting great things from Hardware. I wanted to see if anybody picked up on it from the screenshots.

One day I'm going to build a damn big Homeworld ship. Maybe that should be my ARES app.


It's the effect I wanted to go for.
I personally loved homeworld out of all of them, the campaign was one of the last RTS campaigns I've ever played that moved me emotionally

edit: I think that doing this with terrain bricks would lead to an interesting TDM

Seventh; I don't think the actual objective was to show off the ships builds themselves, rather the atmosphere. I don't see why you're getting so uptight about this.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 12:56:17 AM by comr4de »

Seventh; I don't think the actual objective was to show off the ships builds themselves, rather the atmosphere.
Then maybe the thread subject should be 'Aludane's Amazing Environmental Settings' instead of 'Aludane's Failed Spaceship Projects'?

We would be able to see your ships better if you didn't add prissy environmental effects that obscure the entire ship with shadows/dust...

looks good though

Then maybe the thread subject should be 'Aludane's Amazing Environmental Settings' instead of 'Aludane's Failed Spaceship Projects'?
or perhaps you should remove the stick from your ass because the thread DOES show off Aludane's Failed Spaceship Projects.

or perhaps you should remove the stick from your ass because the thread DOES show off Aludane's Failed Spaceship Projects.
Maybe 10% of the ship is actually visible while the other 90% is completely obscured by prissy environmental effects. Would you say that the thread is showing off primarily a ship or primarily environmental effects?

Maybe 10% of the ship is actually visible while the other 90% is completely obscured by prissy environmental effects. Would you say that the thread is showing off primarily a ship or primarily environmental effects?
The thread is showing a graveyard of ships. Using environmental effects to create a sad, almost eerie, atmosphere about the images.

Maybe 10% of the ship is actually visible while the other 90% is completely obscured by prissy environmental effects. Would you say that the thread is showing off primarily a ship or primarily environmental effects?


It's pretty clear you've got some personal grudge or something but you're coming off as enough of a twat that I actually feel obligated to step in and tell you to chill the forget out.

It's pretty clear you've got some personal grudge or something but you're coming off as enough of a twat that I actually feel obligated to step in and tell you to chill the forget out.
Not against Aludane personally, but I guess I probably shouldn't start arguments in a gallery thread.

Maybe 10% of the ship is actually visible while the other 90% is completely obscured by prissy environmental effects. Would you say that the thread is showing off primarily a ship or primarily environmental effects?

Primarily a ship, with environmental effects taking a cursory role by establishing an atmosphere.

God damn, do you have no artistic comprehension? This obviously was not meant to be the same kind of thread that everybody else makes of their builds, lacking personality and individuality. Aludane decided to take a far more artistic approach in showing off his failures to the forum, something I appreciate more than others for having my own save folder with failed builds.
 
It's pretty clear you've got some personal grudge or something but you're coming off as enough of a twat that I actually feel obligated to step in and tell you to chill the forget out.
Pfffffhahahahha

I'm dropping this now
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 05:00:51 AM by comr4de »