2 (0.7%)
Islam
3 (1.1%)
Other (Explain perhaps?)
27 (9.9%)
Satanist
12 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 272

Author Topic: Religion Poll (Please take a second to take!)  (Read 11844 times)

Agnostic but I identify strongly with atheists

I don't believe in your phony bologna god.

this should be common knowledge and if anyone is offended by this they are probably a candidate for having nil life worth
yeah
the reason I brought it up is because many christians are very aggressive about the "fact" that they will FOR SURE go to heaven because they praise the judeo-christian god, which has a very slim chance of actually being true.

Define Christian agnostic? I'm interested in what this is, I know both really well but what's your views?
this is very loosely applying terminology, but it's someone who believes in the existence of God but doesn't fully accept the Bible

the real definition is along the lines of "someone who believes in God but rejects some powers of him"

i'm very close to agnostic theist tbh

i believe in prayer, but i don't believe it's only valid at some times

i believe that there was probably a divine role in creation but i believe fully in evolution and potentially the big bang if i did research on it
the reason this is possible is because i'm also a firm believer in extreme determinism (i made that term up btw), i think the god catalysed the birth of the universe with its laws in a way that things were pre-determined in the sense of cause-and-effect rather than 'i have this plan for you jokers', and that the only time the god would ever interfere is if they realised some kind of unexpected flaw in the plan (which wouldn't happen)

edit:
i do have the belief that the existence of god is un-confirmable though
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 01:56:11 PM by otto-san »

*denomination
and yeah, I feel ya. you might wanna allow people to choose multiple options then :o
and lol, I don't mind getting into a debate. the christian church is one of the most forgeted up groups on the planet. not generalizing every christian, I mean the church as a whole. they caused the existence of AIDS as we know it.

Just watch what you say, debates are fun, but as stated only if you know what you're talking about, and it seems you do.

I have to agree, the church really has forgeted up a lot. I've disowned myself from my lutheran church, I'm the President of the small confirmation class, a member of the dartball team, and a respected confirmed student whom everyone in the church knows. But I just dislike a lot of what it teaches and how they do it. It's really slow processed boring sermons where you know exactly what will happen because they print everything on paper for you to follow. I really don't like it. as for my other church, a non denomination (got it) they're a little too high on their horse with their church and the youth group associated with the church that I've been attending for 4 to 5 years has shown that I must be perfect, I must not like what the world likes, and I must not do all these certain things. It's frustrating to listen through the sermons there because of how judged I feel on my own personal level, having depression in the past or being who I am today, cussing, dating, and not really giving two forgets about half the things i used to.

this is very loosely applying terminology, but it's someone who believes in the existence of God but doesn't fully accept the Bible

the real definition is along the lines of "someone who believes in God but rejects some powers of him"

i'm very close to agnostic theist tbh

i believe in prayer, but i don't believe it's only valid at some times

i believe that there was probably a divine role in creation but i believe fully in evolution and potentially the big bang if i did research on it
the reason this is possible is because i'm also a firm believer in extreme determinism (i made that term up btw), i think the god catalysed the birth of the universe with its laws in a way that things were pre-determined in the sense of cause-and-effect rather than 'i have this plan for you jokers', and that the only time the god would ever interfere is if they realised some kind of unexpected flaw in the plan (which wouldn't happen)

I've done a lot of research with Humanist and being one, and i would account myself one, this too would be very interesting to do research on, thanks.

i forgot to put in my view on life but idk if that's really relevant

for brevity's sake: there's hardly any value of non-sentient life ever and the value sentient life gets just because of that quality is trivial

if you want me to elaborate further i can

That's not at all what it means. Agnosticism is a kind of uncertainty. You don't claim god does exist, and you don't claim he doesn't. An Agnostic Christian would be more a practicing Christian that doesn't assert that their belief in a god is fact.

The contrary to this would a Gnostic Christian, one that does claim God undeniably exists. Most Christians fall under this category.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 01:48:26 PM by dkamm65 »

Just watch what you say, debates are fun, but as stated only if you know what you're talking about, and it seems you do.

I have to agree, the church really has forgeted up a lot. I've disowned myself from my lutheran church, I'm the President of the small confirmation class, a member of the dartball team, and a respected confirmed student whom everyone in the church knows. But I just dislike a lot of what it teaches and how they do it. It's really slow processed boring sermons where you know exactly what will happen because they print everything on paper for you to follow. I really don't like it. as for my other church, a non denomination (got it) they're a little too high on their horse with their church and the youth group associated with the church that I've been attending for 4 to 5 years has shown that I must be perfect, I must not like what the world likes, and I must not do all these certain things. It's frustrating to listen through the sermons there because of how judged I feel on my own personal level, having depression in the past or being who I am today, cussing, dating, and not really giving two forgets about half the things i used to.

I've done a lot of research with Humanist and being one, and i would account myself one, this too would be very interesting to do research on, thanks.
yeah I agree with a lot of that
don't get me wrong, christianity carries a LOT of good values. most of them are deeply engrained into society. but yeah the church acts upon them very strangely.
That's not at all what it means. Agnosticism is a kind of uncertainty. You don't claim god does exist, and you don't claim he doesn't. A Christian agnostic would be more a practicing Christian that doesn't assert that their belief in a god is fact.
Ehh. I wouldn't say UNCERTAINTY - more of an open mind.

That's not at all what it means. Agnosticism is a kind of uncertainty. You don't claim god does exist, and you don't claim he doesn't. A Christian agnostic would be more a practicing Christian that doesn't assert that their belief in a god is fact.
Christian Agnostics (distinct from a Christian who is agnostic) practice a distinct form of agnosticism that applies only to the properties of God. They hold that it is difficult or impossible to be sure of anything beyond the basic tenets of the Christian faith. They believe that God exists, that Jesus has a special relationship with him and is in some way divine, and that God should be worshipped. This belief system has deep roots in Judaism and the early days of the Church.

not quite, but the term is completely wrong for the context anyway

Ehh. I wouldn't say UNCERTAINTY - more of an open mind.

I didn't say that's what YOU believed, I said that's what agnosticism means.

That was me for the most part of my life. Raised in a lutheran tradition with a very conservative like church, old fashion and all. About the time they had Confirmation I had doubts

haha, i threw up at my confirmation

i was, of course, already an agnostic at the time

Christian Agnostics (distinct from a Christian who is agnostic) practice a distinct form of agnosticism that applies only to the properties of God. They hold that it is difficult or impossible to be sure of anything beyond the basic tenets of the Christian faith. They believe that God exists, that Jesus has a special relationship with him and is in some way divine, and that God should be worshipped. This belief system has deep roots in Judaism and the early days of the Church.
not quite, but the term is completely wrong for the context anyway

"Christian Agnostics (distinct from a Christian who is agnostic)"

It's making a distinction that doesn't exist. Agnostic means one thing. That description needs a new name, cause it's not using the term correctly.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 01:53:15 PM by dkamm65 »