Poetic Recitation Assignment: why i'm gonna fail English class

Author Topic: Poetic Recitation Assignment: why i'm gonna fail English class  (Read 1584 times)

i want to go back in time and kill Shakespeare so i can spare me the pain of ever having to memorize his work again.
Shakespeare is cool, bro.
And what he's done for culture and history is quite powerful, even if indirect.
Might I suggest that if Shakespeare never wrote plays, then they would never have been learnt and repeated.
And if no one ever played them, then companies like the Royal Shakespeare Company would never have existed.
And if the RSC never existed, many very famous actors would never have gotten where they are today.
And if that were the case, chances are Patrick Stewart would never have gotten onto Star Trek: The Next Generation, and where would we be then?
In a world I'd rather not think about.

Plus, the plays and stories are great.
I'd love to see some RSC productions.
My brother is greatly greatly into Shakespeare and is working towards getting into studying it at University and would love to join the RSC too, some day.

Shakespeare is cool, bro.
And what he's done for culture and history is quite powerful, even if indirect.
Might I suggest that if Shakespeare never wrote plays, then they would never have been learnt and repeated.
And if no one ever played them, then companies like the Royal Shakespeare Company would never have existed.
And if the RSC never existed, many very famous actors would never have gotten where they are today.
And if that were the case, chances are Patrick Stewart would never have gotten onto Star Trek: The Next Generation, and where would we be then?
In a world I'd rather not think about.

Plus, the plays and stories are great.
I'd love to see some RSC productions.
My brother is greatly greatly into Shakespeare and is working towards getting into studying it at University and would love to join the RSC too, some day.
yes yes i know. it was a joke silly.
shakespeare's stuff is pretty amazing.

Break it down and work up to the whole thing.

You should make it a song

Work on each stanza individually by first reading each line aloud from the paper, then trying to recite it from memory. Once you've gotten two down, put them together and continue.

Posture has absolutely nothing to do with the class though, why should it count?

Posture has absolutely nothing to do with the class though, why should it count?
Because this part of the class is undoubtedly based off of Drama, aswell as speaking. Both are aspects of English.
Posture is important in Drama, and it's also important in speaking. If you have poor posture you generally aren't quite as good as speaking loudly and clearly.
It's a crucial part to being able to convey your lines. You don't get actors who remain slouched for every single thing they say.