Author Topic: Barack Obama speaks about Boston Bombing  (Read 3240 times)

Isn't the death penalty illegal in the U.S.? So the person who gave the death penalty would be convicted of murder and then get given the death penalty
Not in texas
This is truly awful. And i would like to mention something. People who want to hurt other people, Wont stop because you take away their guns. They will just resort to bombs, knifes, Ect. I can see more bombings happening if guns become outlawed.
People who try to resort to gun control should look at the stats, which prove gun control doesn't work.

So lets hope he gets caught in Texas

People who try to resort to gun control should look at the stats, which prove gun control doesn't work.
so why in most countries are there less murders than in the us

Isn't the death penalty illegal in the U.S.?
Not that I know of.
I think not, though.

I meant where you said "..i don't care if we've been friends for two or three years. i'm not going to be friends with someone like that." as if one of your really close friends were to make a joke like this. If a joke like that ruins a 2-3 year long friendship for you, then you're a baby.
I can see where you are getting at and the post was a bit too overly dramatic but I'm in no way going to look at the person the same way again for making a joke like that. It would show complete disrespect for what has happened.

so why in most countries are there less murders than in the us
Most countries being places like Switzerland with mandatory gun ownership?

Also places in the US with the most gun legislation have the highest crime rates.

Anyways this topic isn't about guns anyways.

Not that I know of.
I think not, though.
It is in most places, seeing as it would go under cruel punishment, but i believe the death penalty is a state right

No it's legal, but death sentences are rarely done here, it's ridiculous.
We jail people for 1-10 years for stealing a can of tomato soup, but can't give a person who caused this tragic event the death penalty? America's judicial system is so corrupt and pathetic.

Most countries being places like Switzerland with mandatory gun ownership?

Also places in the US with the most gun legislation have the highest crime rates.

Anyways this topic isn't about guns anyways.
yeah im not trying to start anything
im genuinely wondering D:

No it's legal, but death sentences are rarely done here, it's ridiculous.
We jail people for 1-10 years for stealing a can of tomato soup, but can't give a person who caused this tragic event the death penalty? America's judicial system is so corrupt and pathetic.
Why don't you take the time to see how many capital cases were overturned after the fact?

yeah im not trying to start anything
im genuinely wondering D:
Sorry if I was being harsh.

right, because that's really what's important now

in times of crCIA we need unity, we don't need people pointing fingers at one another.  the rest of the nation has to be strong and support Boston
well said

Sorry if I was being harsh.
it's fine I didn't make it that clear, sorry :)

States with death penalty:

Alabama
 Arizona
 Arkansas
 California
 Colorado
 Delaware
 Florida
 Georgia
 Idaho
 Indiana
 Kansas
 Kentucky   
 Louisiana
 Maryland
 Mississippi
 Missouri
 Montana
 Nebraska
 Nevada
 New Hampshire
 North Carolina
 Ohio
 Oklahoma
 Oregon   Pennsylvania
 South Carolina
 South Dakota
 Tennessee
 Texas
 Utah
 Virginia
 Washington
 Wyoming

States with death penalty: North Carolina
Heck yeah. Too bad it has to be injections. Chopping off heads is one of my special interestes. :B

Heck yeah. Too bad it has to be injections. Chopping off heads is one of my special interestes. :B
weirdo