Brick killing RPG.

Author Topic: Brick killing RPG.  (Read 1324 times)

I want an RPG that actually kills bricks instead of fake kills them. Could add a different play style for some games.

Throw away weapon after one use (1 rocket), small explosion radius, bricks kill instead of fake kill, can only be used in minigames. Can't break big bricks, etc.

But if bricks kill, all bricks ontop will die too

But if bricks kill, all bricks ontop will die too

That's the point. You catch on fast.

I want people to be able to actually destroy buildings instead of having the bricks respawn later.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:30:09 PM by Thé Lord Tony »

instead of having the bricks respawn later.
Well that can be fixed

Well that can be fixed

You can't fix floating bricks and the game will start to lag depending on how many bricks are being fake killed.

I'll just stick with killing, please. It's what I want and every other weapon fake kills anyways so I just want one specific weapon to kill.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 02:54:27 PM by Thé Lord Tony »

Well, to quickly archieve fake killed bricks being really killed, put this in console:

Code: [Select]
package reallykill{function fxdtsbrick::onfakedeath(%this){%this.killbrick();}};activatepackage(reallykill);

There doesn't seem to be much of a way to figure out what explosion blew up the brick so you cant make it weapon specific
Or I'm being stupid andn ot seeing the function

Code: [Select]
package reallykill{function fxdtsbrick::onfakedeath(%this){%this.killbrick();}};activatepackage(reallykill);

Um, how can I just put this into a weapon script? I was trying to edit the mas heavy rocket launcher.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:36:14 PM by Thé Lord Tony »

Um, how can I just put this into a weapon script? I was trying to edit the mas heavy rocket launcher.
package hit{
    function ProjectileNAME::onCollision(%this,%obj,%col,%fade,%pos,%normal)
    {
    parent::onCollision(%this,%obj,%col,%fade,%pos,%normal);
    if(%col.getClassNAme()$="fxDTSBrick" && !%col.isBasePlate)
        %col.fakeKillBrick(); //might be wrong
    }
};

Make it only kill bricks of yours and people you have full trust of, in a minigame it should be only the hosts. A gamemode with this could be neat where you get points for destroying bricks (and players). At the end of the round the player with the most points wins and the build reloads.

It's not working for me.
erm, use zeblote's code, it will do exactly what you want
put it in a server.cs
put it in a folder called script_Something
put in a description.txt (doesn't  matter what's in it)
enable it
and any brick "fake killed" will break

erm, use zeblote's code, it will do exactly what you want
put it in a server.cs
put it in a folder called script_Something
put in a description.txt (doesn't  matter what's in it)
enable it
and any brick "fake killed" will break
ActivatePackage(hit);

I don't know how to script this.

Bushido's welder script does the same thing sort of.