Poll

Ligacy...

Warfare. (TDM)
10 (58.8%)
Stranded. (RPG)
7 (41.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: LeetLegacy - Ligacy Warfare <Kit 3 is now $1000/s but can save bought weapons!>  (Read 12852 times)

I've been to this server 3 times today, and every time my team has been mass spawn killed. I have yet to even step out of a spawn and there have been many complaints about it. Consider placing more areas to spawn in.

Admittedly I go on when nobody is on, dual client, and saved up enough for a G18. From there, killing is as easy as 1 2 3, and I saved up or an M60E4. That costed me roughly $6000. If I can do that, most others can probably handle saving up for a better secondary then a primary. Campers will camp, Im sorry lol. Man up and push back. In these small maps, don't stop moving. If your not moving, you should be reloading, if your not reloading, you should be hidden for an ambush, if your not ambushing, your dead. Simple as that.

That and being able to aim is always nice.

well i guess the server was calm and inactive today
BECAUSE I WASN'T ON

should be 10 kills at least to a streak. i only get that occasionally, but racking up 5 with the tmp is easy. same with olin caws

CoD doesn't have a money system. Are you drunk?

Also holy stuff.

No but cod has a loving stupid gun system where you unlock guns that work to your playstyle more which you only get from being good with default weaponry.

You've got what is basically the same manipulative stuff going on here. If having a full server and keeping players hooked by these terrible, manipulative mechanics as apossed to fun gameplay (which the server I'm sure does possess and could be doubled by the removal of the points buying system!) then you need a rethink. And quick.
LOL, you're loving handicapped as stuff.

To clarify, it's more like Counter-Strike than COD, and the starting pistol is decent.
Except counter strike is a team game and most of your money is obtained from team victories and objective completion. That and guns in cs are balanced towards playstyle.

magnum + caws = scrublord op combo
my favorite

To begin with, the starting pistol is not awful. It's actually a pretty good pistol, I am able to yield kills with it even against the, well, better weapons, because it's an all purpose. If you shoot in burst you have great accuracy that can be used as a long-ranged pistol, too, more or less; you can also chug the whole clips in people to kill them, not to mention 3 headshots means a kill. Some weapons that you buy even have less damage.

Admittedly I go on when nobody is on, dual client, and saved up enough for a G18. From there, killing is as easy as 1 2 3, and I saved up or an M60E4. That costed me roughly $6000. If I can do that, most others can probably handle saving up for a better secondary then a primary. Campers will camp, Im sorry lol. Man up and push back. In these small maps, don't stop moving. If your not moving, you should be reloading, if your not reloading, you should be hidden for an ambush, if your not ambushing, your dead. Simple as that.

That and being able to aim is always nice.

Welp, I should get a dual-client protection.

I've been to this server 3 times today, and every time my team has been mass spawn killed. I have yet to even step out of a spawn and there have been many complaints about it. Consider placing more areas to spawn in.
I actually have the idea to create an new playertype and have different spawns for every map. Having a long spawn protection on the small map is a stupid idea, same is having a short one on a big map. Considering events are split up anyway, I will make the big maps have bigger spawn protection, while the small ones have a smaller one. Also going to check onto giving the spawned player the ability to kill stuff, instead of still being the non-combatant (doesn't damage and doesn't get damage). Sorry to hear that you are having problems with spawn killing and spawn protection. Yeah, there are more compliants. I am actually considering of making the spawns in The Gallery on the side of the spawns, you know, the holes next to the current spawn. The only problem is that I still do want the doors and general spawn to be in the middle, and plus making them in the holes means that the players are going to spawn a) from thin air (instead of next to the doors) and b) open to enemy fire from the sides of the map, and even more in midfire than before. I think regulating spawn protection times and playertype would be a better use.

should be 10 kills at least to a streak. i only get that occasionally, but racking up 5 with the tmp is easy. same with olin caws
Killstreaks are not the priority, I will get to them, but I agree 10 kills would be a better idea, 5-killstreak is not that hard. But 10 killstreak for 15 seconds of Dragon's Fang is not a delightful moment either. Nor would it be to make it available for good after you reach it, that weapon /is/ OP.

No but cod has a loving stupid gun system where you unlock guns that work to your playstyle more which you only get from being good with default weaponry.

You've got what is basically the same manipulative stuff going on here. If having a full server and keeping players hooked by these terrible, manipulative mechanics as apossed to fun gameplay (which the server I'm sure does possess and could be doubled by the removal of the points buying system!) then you need a rethink. And quick. Except counter strike is a team game and most of your money is obtained from team victories and objective completion. That and guns in cs are balanced towards playstyle.

To begin with:
You are comparing a points system with a system that gives you kills based on your skill and the time you play on it.
OH WAIT, DOESN'T EVERY loving FPS DO THAT? (That includes Battlefield 3, [everyotherFPSs] AND shop FPS's too).
Racking points is not a problem in CS because you got Player-managed points. That means that after you rejoin the server you're forgeted. And the rounds are small. CS doesn't have the same system: You don't buy weapons once and for all, and you are awarded with more than you should get. I am pretty sure if someone implemented the actual CS system everyone would complain even more. You buy a weapon, and you always lose it when you get killed.
The thing with inflation is the purpose that it would've served if I could've made that inflation-inflicted kills. In the route of 1 hour, you would always have the same requirement of kills to get your weapon. For example on x0.5, you would get $25 per kill. A weapon that normally costs $100 costs $50. You would need 2 kills, and you get that weapon. On a x1, you would get $50 per kill, you also need 2 kills. The thing is when the round ends or when I randomize the inflation: You could have the requirement to pay more, which doesn't make that much difference because you would also get paid more, or the inflation lowers and if you have the previous money stacked, you get to purchase that weapon and have leftover money.
If anything, I'll eventually disable inflation for good and have a linear system. I am not going to disable the point system, but if that would make your sorry ass happy, sure. You must be the most pent up person about this.
I even discharged the ridiculous x3 inflation, making it limited between 0.8 and 1.2, so it doesn't have that much of a difference except the addition of several more kills. Though you DO have a point. I could at least keep the inflation stuck at x1 till I get a working kill=point*inflation system.

Additionally, Capture Points added on maps. Today I will also work on the implementation of The Frost (Snowfrost) and The Peak (Burt's map)

Kit 1 now functional.
Inflation is now stuck at x1, base prices are actual prices now.
Development of The Frost has started.
Got 2 screenshots of in-game action. http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/1383/05e0ad275afa4a71bf7db5e.png http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/2206/3862d23c19eb4989b1ffb0d.png

Important update.
The Frost added. Largest (and laggiest) map. ~25k bricks. Optimization pending: Custom bricks shall be made for trees so 1 tree = 1 brick.
Added player count verification for map rotation. <=10 players = The Grand / The Snow; >10 players = The Frost / The Gallery.
Increased visible distance of the snow environment.
The Frost has only small amounts of lightning, use of player lights is recommended.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:01:58 AM by LeetZero »

grand is terrible, snow probably is too. they just don't work with that many people
you also need to move the spawn room way closer to the build so that people aren't invisible when they spawn, and maybe add a small explosion/sound when they spawn too

People complaining about start pistol being too weak:

I racked up to 3000 points with only the starter pistol then bought the Striker-12  :cookieMonster:

starting is pistol is awful for joining midgame when everyone already has good weapons
joining midgame ought to give a free unlock or something

the spawnkilling is also really awful, why is there only one spawn location

"inflation" is a handicapped game mechanic that serves no purpose but to be a pain in the ass
The walter PPK is a 2 or 3 hit kill with a magazine(NOT A CLIP. Google it!) size of 7. If you reload before firing your last bullet you get 8. I think thats a chambered round or something. I've actually seen people complain about the starting pistol more.

Just because every Fps does it doesn't mean it isn't dumb. You have even admitted there are "better guns"

Just get rid of buying stuff. They're impressive eventwork but its a lot more hassle to do and it's a bad mechanic.

Here's the thing with all H&K Weapons:

If it's a magazine, then whenever you reload at anytime before you fire all the shots, you will get 1 extra bullet because it's still chambered in your gun.

Think it should be class based lol.

decided i'd try this server out today. played for 15 minutes and sadly i cant say i thoroughly enjoyed it.

the guns are realistic, my first disappointment. way too overpowered. raycasting too. reloading was a pain because i'd have to let go of my mouse to hit my light key in order to reload and usually died in the process. i got killed constantly by players who had $2000 - $3000 guns. from what i saw the gameplay mostly works on a pay-to-win basis. it was very hard to get kills and i eventually got so frustrated i just left.
kits were broken too (after saving on them, they cleared my inventory when i tried to load my gun loadout again) and overall the gameplay was way too overbrown townyzed and overdone. too much realism.

on the bright side though, the best part of the server was definitely the builds. very good. moderation of both detail and size together in one. had a nifty post-apocalyptic feel to it. really cool. the environment lighting added a sweet feel to it. all that was missing was some ambient music to complete the environmental experience.