Author Topic: Is this good for bitcoin mineing?  (Read 2043 times)

bitcoin mining is basically getting free money
At the cost of electricity, even more than what you use while you're playing a really intensive game.

At the cost of electricity, even more than what you use while you're playing a really intensive game.
A mid-range GPU I got for shaders mines enough to pay for electricity.

i wonder if buying a bunch of raspberry pi computers and having them mine 24/7 would be able to outweigh the cost of their electricity.

i wonder if buying a bunch of raspberry pi computers and having them mine 24/7 would be able to outweigh the cost of their electricity.
If that were true, 1 would outweigh its cost of electricity.

I tried bitmining with my 7870, I get 400~ MHash/s but my GPU shoots up to 60 degrees C and I get artifacts.

Alas, it was not meant to be... At least until I get more fans in my case

I tried bitmining with my 7870, I get 400~ MHash/s but my GPU shoots up to 60 degrees C and I get artifacts.

Alas, it was not meant to be... At least until I get more fans in my case
Does your GPU have manual fan control?

Does your GPU have manual fan control?

Even at 60% it wasn't good enough.
I only have one exhaust fan on my case, it clearly isn't good enough and any further forays into bitmining will have to wait until I get the fans I want

people  ave done it about 100-110MH/s not very good but they are cheap as forget and they use no power less than 1 watt overclocked

I don't understand this. What are they DOING with your GPU that you can't just PRETEND to do instead?

(Unless it's factoring primes or something that's likely to be as hard pretending to do the task as just letting them actually use the GPU, but if they're factoring large primes using thousands of computers then they probably have more illegal things in mind than you would be doing by pretending to do the factoring.)
"They" is you
you are using your GPU kind of like a brute forcer
read more into bitcoin to understand more

:c now that everyone is mining, i only get 0.0003 per block.....

Even at 60% it wasn't good enough.
maybe that's because it was only at 60%
that's just over half :-/