Author Topic: What job could I get when I'm 16?  (Read 1150 times)

I'll be turning 16 late next year, and I really would like some pocket money.
What type of jobs do you think I could do? Beside being a waitor or working in a restaurant. I wouldn't mind being a messenger/somebody who carried mail. Keep in mind, I'm talking about temporary jobs. Nothing would be permanent, I would only work for 3-16 months so I can just have pocket money before college.

better pizza, papa johns

When I was 16, I worked at a movie theater. Sweet gig all around.

When I was 16, I worked at a movie theater. Sweet gig all around.

Like what did you do there? Just clean? And how much did you make?

There were 3 sections for me.

Usher - Sweep around the lobby, pick up after movies.
Ticket Taker - Liturally stand in 1 spot all day, ripping ticket stubs and telling people which way there movie is
Consession - Server the popcorn and what not. I hated this the most. Mostly cause I'm not a social person.

The job generally pays minimum wage. But it's not bad for a first job. The job is real simple and you get free movies as an employee.

There were 3 sections for me.

Usher - Sweep around the lobby, pick up after movies.
Ticket Taker - Liturally stand in 1 spot all day, ripping ticket stubs and telling people which way there movie is
Consession - Server the popcorn and what not. I hated this the most. Mostly cause I'm not a social person.

The job generally pays minimum wage. But it's not bad for a first job. The job is real simple and you get free movies as an employee.

I actually wouldn't mind that, and since I live in a walking city, I could just walk to my job. I live 7 blocks away from a movie theatre. How long did you work in the movie theatre for when you were 16?

Chances are you won't get hired by the first place you submit an application to. You should get several applications and submit them all and decide the best fit from the ones you do get accepted from.

Chances are you won't get hired by the first place you submit an application to. You should get several applications and submit them all and decide the best fit from the ones you do get accepted from.

That's what I'd probably do, but I wouldn't wanna do anything like work in a factory, or a restaurant.

That's what I'd probably do, but I wouldn't wanna do anything like work in a factory, or a restaurant.
If I am correct, there are laws preventing you from working in a factory anyway, also restraunts with a bar, most likely wont hire you or cant.
Just get a stocking job at a store or something.

If I am correct, there are laws preventing you from working in a factory anyway, also restraunts with a bar, most likely wont hire you or cant.
Just get a stocking job at a store or something.

I don't wanna do that. At my school, we have a work training program and currently once a week we train at a sports clothing store, I hate it.

I don't wanna do that. At my school, we have a work training program and currently once a week we train at a sports clothing store, I hate it.

You're not getting a decent job at 16.

deliver newspapers and advertisements

Or you could just go around mowing lawns for like $10 to $20 each in the summer.

Knowing me, I won't get a job until college because I get $10 each time I mow our lawn, and that's plenty of money for me.

deliver newspapers and advertisements

I wouldn't mind doing that at all.