Author Topic: Any way to keep something downloading over internet cut-outs?  (Read 1440 times)

So here's the situation. I'm trying to download a decently large file, but since my internet keeps cutting out every time the file downloads, when the internet cuts out it just stops and even when the internet comes back on the file won't keep downloading and I have to restart the download. Luckily on Tuesday I'm getting a better internet provider, but for now I'd like to try and download something. Anyone got ideas? I've been using Chrome and I plan to try other browsers soon, but if anyone has any other ideas that'd be great.
Thanks. :)

when using chrome it usually writes a .crdownload file so it can continue the download
when your internet comes back, go to menu>downloads and check whether you can continue the download from there

when using chrome it usually writes a .crdownload file so it can continue the download
when your internet comes back, go to menu>downloads and check whether you can continue the download from there
yeah I tried that, sadly it didn't work
it starts again and just sits there with 0kb/s and doesn't budge :(

Use Firefox. http://www.geek.com/review/firefox-vs-google-chrome-download-suspend-resume-ready-579742/
currently trying internet explorer, just because i didnt have to download anything with it
if it doesnt work ill def try it, thanks :)

Get better Internet.
Luckily on Tuesday I'm getting a better internet provider, but for now I'd like to try and download something.
please read the op in future

please read the op in future
Whoops, I did read it but I guess I didn't catch that bit. :o

But even so, I wasn't being serious. Just thought I'd crack a joke since it seemed you were already given a solution.

Whoops, I did read it but I guess I didn't catch that bit. :o

But even so, I wasn't being serious. Just thought I'd crack a joke since it seemed you were already given a solution.
oh ok :)

internet explorer worked, thanks for the help anyway though! :D
locking