Poll

On Blockland, Which MMO would you want most? (that doesn't mean that i will be building the most picked mmo)

Starwars MMO
6 (19.4%)
Medevil MMO
2 (6.5%)
Zombie MMO
5 (16.1%)
Lego Universe MMO
4 (12.9%)
Other
7 (22.6%)
No MMO's or RPG's Plz!
7 (22.6%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: MMO (massive multiplayer online)/RPG poll  (Read 1417 times)

You can discuss this in the comments by the way.  Thanks for voting! :cookieMonster:
One more thing.  As when I say MMO, i mean something that relates to one, not as an actual MMO.  For example,'Star Wars the Old Republic'.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 06:03:11 PM by cblock360 »

May I ask, what does MMO mean?

what

i dont understand
do you mean gamemode?

what

i dont understand
do you mean gamemode?

I meant Massive Multiplayer Online or RPG.  Forgot to add those.  This is for any server.  Not gamemodes.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 03:11:02 PM by cblock360 »

I meant Massive Multiplayer Online or RPG.  Forgot to add those.
Blockland already is a MMO.

Add another poll option "None of the Above"

Not really. MMOs typically have a few huge servers, rather than a bunch of little ones. Runescape, for example is an MMO.

Probably a LEGO Universe styled server.

No, it's an online sandbox game.

No it is not, if you want an MMO, look at Perfect World international.

The great thing about BL, you can make whatever you want; and how you want it without any limitations.

Except we're limited by player limits, and in order to reach "MMO" status, you need to have a massive amount of players on one server. While 'massive' is a subjective number, it's common to have around 100 players on many FPS games. I would say for something to be MMO, it needs to be a server suitable for over 500 players. Almost all MMOs can hold at least 1000 players on a single server and that itself is the definition of MMO.

So please, get rid of the MMO part, unless you plan on 'emulating' MMO by having 10 different servers linked together via AIPlayers in order to cut down on the massive amount of GameConnections on a single memory limited server.

Good loving luck.