Author Topic: Do you prefer block terrains or the old terrains?  (Read 869 times)

I prefer the blocky ones.

Old one merely for the nostalgia

I prefer block ones, 'cause they look way better to me.

New terrains look better.

I presume that when the older terrains existed, blocky ones did too.

Old one merely for the nostalgia
But then again the blocky ones look really nice and fit better with the game

I prefer terrain built out of actual blocks and not terrain blocks. Terrain blocks are bulky, plain, boring, and ugly. They also are abused too easily and can lead to very large and plain boring bland builds.

The best terrain is terrain that is built by hand, using blocks. Yes, this will lead to a 90k blocks or more build, but it's always worth it.

Believe it or not, when blocky terrains are scenic for me and have the best fitting environmental lighting; it makes a pretty build.

Visually, I like the original about the same as I would a properly designed terrain, using that GSF pack or something, however, I cannot stand cube terrain. So awkward to navigate and looks like stuff, too. Ugh. Problem with even good block terrain, though, is that you're limited in either size or detail.

Sure, this can be a beautiful game. I, for one, enjoyed building my Terrained TDM (which is now down for the count) and I was satisfied with the result of my motivation.

I prefer the blocky terrain. It also represents skill, which everyone enjoys the output of.

I have absolutely no idea what I prefer to have.  Blocky terrains are scenic, but it may have a little bit less mobility.  Terrains are fun to build on, but are not much in detail.  Either way, I like them both. ;)

They both have UPS and downs, but I do like the old ones.

The issue with GSF terrains is that they give easy access for the tribes jump glitch (Also known as Tribes 2 skiing) Where you can go super fast on ramped surfaces.