Author Topic: My internet is being absolute garbage  (Read 1253 times)

I normally get 55 down and 11 up and now its stuffting all over the place
I am currently getting .5 down and .1 up
and my call is lagging like a bitch
what I did
  • Resetted my router
  • Turned off my router and turned it back on
  • Reset my computer
  • got comcast to remote reset it
What else it there to do Help

OH MY GOD
SORRY
WRONG PAGE

bl id? ill ban the internet from the popular servers im admin on.

A ponycigarette must be sapping your internet

bl id? ill ban the internet from the popular servers im admin on.
Oh so funny

runrunrunrunrunrunrun

quit running yer torrents

was this necessary?

What provider do you use?
If its fios... Make sure to switch.

yeah just switch to someone else. there are many cheap ISP's out there offering outstanding speeds.

What provider do you use?
If its fios... Make sure to switch.
Comcast

yeah just switch to someone else. there are many cheap ISP's out there offering outstanding speeds.
I think I'm happy with 55 down and 11 up

Comcast
I haven't even heard of it.
Try this: http://www.optimum.net/
They have hotspots all over the place, most of the time you can connect pretty much anywhere.
You get rewards, such as free movies, dinners, etc.

Tell us the name of the Modem, and the Router.

oh and
Turn off, disconnect, or unplug all the devices connected to your router (basically turn off anything that could be using throughput.), then power-reset the modem. Once the modem fully lights and boots up, reboot the router. <--(this process can take up to five minutes or as little as 30 seconds.)  Now take a device other than your computer (aka an iphone or droid or moms laptop, (preferably a phone)) and run a speedtest.net test. There is also a speedtest.net app available.

Write down the exact results.

If at that point you are still experiencing a problem, call Comcast and say your service is out (again.)

Keep in mind that sometimes cable companies throttle down the internet while fixing fiber optic cables and such. This never lasts more than a week.

I don't have time to be any more detailed or ask you good questions but good luck.

Get an appointment (there are people out there who fix wiring independently), it might be something wrong with your cable wiring.

If your phone wasn't lagging, then I'd think that the cable company is penalizing your internet speed or you're one of the lucky few people who still use landline rather than VoIP.
Tell us the name of the Modem, and the Router.

oh and
Turn off, disconnect, or unplug all the devices connected to your router (basically turn off anything that could be using throughput.), then power-reset the modem. Once the modem fully lights and boots up, reboot the router. Now take a device other than your computer (aka an iphone or droid or moms laptop, (preferably a phone)) and run a speedtest.net test. There is also a speedtest.net app available.

Write down the exact results.

If at that point you are still experiencing a problem, call Comcast and say your service is out (again.)

Keep in mind that sometimes cable companies throttle down the internet while fixing fiber optic cables and such. This never lasts more than a week.

I don't have time to be any more detailed or ask you good questions but good luck.
Follow these suggestions also.

I think I'm happy with 55 down and 11 up

Maybe your router is not capable of doing big speeds? There are 100mb/s, 300mb/s ect routers out there.
Are you downloading anything or using a program that's an internet hog?
Your family members downloading anything or doing anything?
Did someone crack your password and is stealing internet? (Check router logs for anything unusual. Maybe a small DDoS attack)
There's also instances of ISP's promising speeds but never delivering, which is why I changed my ISP.
Your ISP can also be throttling you. If your ISP is small sometimes it shares internet(don't know the term or how they do it) with bigger ISP's and if that big ISP throttles it's user it forces the smaller ISP to also throttle it's users