Author Topic: Have you ever been to the hospital before?  (Read 4153 times)

You were actually diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease as a child?

When I was 9.
I first had Tourette's though and my parents noticed signs of it when I was 3, but didn't think it was bad (I used to twirl my fingers back then, click my tongue, etc). Parkinson's isn't likely to develop when you are a kid. I developed Parkinson's when my Tourette's exploded when I was 9.

Many times, not lately though.

I had severe pneumonia

Yes, I happened to be born in a hospital.

the last time i went to the hospital was 7 years ago i think

Ok, beside being born in the hospital.

my appendix burst when i was in 1st grade
i was apparently lucky to have survived it

Unless you're not the healthiest person around, just about everyone has been to the hospital at least once
The only way anybody could answer no (other than birth) is if they haven't taken any shots

my appendix burst when i was in 1st grade
i was apparently lucky to have survived it

Holy crap, that's severe.
So you have no appendix now?

Holy crap, that's severe.
So you have no appendix now?
Appendix are a part of the immune system, but they're not essential to living, so if it burst then he probably doesn't have it, no.
I've never heard of an appendix transplant anyways

I know that they aren't necessary to have, I consider them as a "useless organ".
But I know many people have died because they have no appendix.

I consider them as a "useless organ".

In this same category:
Brain
Heart
Muscles
Lungs
Stomach
Large/Small intestines
Spleen
Liver
Kidneys
Skin

Nothing is useless. The appendix has a purpose. Just because you don't know what it is doesn't mean you should dismiss it as useless.
Imagine if we had done that back when brains were an unknown thing and tried to remove all brains.

In this same category:
Brain
Heart
Muscles
Lungs
Stomach
Large/Small intestines
Spleen
Liver
Kidneys
Skin

Nothing is useless. The appendix has a purpose. Just because you don't know what it is doesn't mean you should dismiss it as useless.
Imagine if we had done that back when brains were an unknown thing and tried to remove all brains.
except that the appendix is technically useless now, its primary function was holding some of the harder hitting digestive bacteria used to break down hardy plant matter and raw meat, but as time went on and our food became easier and easier to digest, we lost use of it, and its only purpose now is to potentially get life-threateningly infected.

i had to get stitches ~3 times :)

Yes. It was during my birth. :cookieMonster:

In all seriousness, when I was around 7 or 8, I had a throat infection (I couldn't drink anything without it hurting my throat), I was dehydrated, and I had an ear infection. And that's all in one trip to the hospital.

Its only purpose now is to potentially get life-threateningly infected.

...and SAVE your life if your stomach bacterial balance gets way out of whack. It still serves as a storage place for bacteria to live in case of infection.