PVP Arena (0 Bricks!)

Author Topic: PVP Arena (0 Bricks!)  (Read 4808 times)

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=231051.msg6564663#msg6564663

In my opinion, no
You don't understand
there is actual optimization in the engine for bricks, there is special occlusion so certain faces aren't even passed to the GPU, requiring less power. There is no reason except for custom shapes to ever use static shapes for replacing bricks. Even then use a BLB.

You don't understand
there is actual optimization in the engine for bricks, there is special occlusion so certain faces aren't even passed to the GPU, requiring less power. There is no reason except for custom shapes to ever use static shapes for replacing bricks. Even then use a BLB.
can i have 1 brick datablock be any size I want in multiple places?

you dont understand, this isn't about datablocks.

looks terrible, almost like roblox
just use bloody bricks
This is like Ultimate Sword Fights on ROBLOX.
You go in an arena with a basic sword just to fight someone who has VIP or something so they can obliterate you unfairly with all of their power-ups and swords.

I don't understand why people don't make it so where when you use a sword that is OP you gain disadvantages.
Ex: Death Wand. + 100 Damage - 99 HP/Defense
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:31:42 AM by Cuddles le Bear »

no, and why would you need to when there are literally add-ons that now allow you to make any sized brick you need in a single minute

You don't understand
Wait you talking about regular bricks and not static bricks/shapes right? Could these optimization a be done with static shapes or it doesn't work like that? How do you even load in a static shape?

Wait you talking about regular bricks and not static bricks/shapes right? Could these optimization a be done with static shapes or it doesn't work like that? How do you even load in a static shape?
%shape = new StaticShape()
   {
      datablock = StaticShapeCubeData; //you require another datablock
      position = "0 0 0";
      scale = "1 1 1";
   };
   %shape.setNodeColor("ALL","1 1 0 1");
    return %shape;

Whats with the stupid ass no brick gamemodes?
Just make your own game jesus loving christ.
1. too harsh
2. this would be loving spammy with the brick lines
3. marble man has his rights
4. it would look ugly with the brick tops

I love static shapes, if you combine them with a playertype which has a different model, it's like a whole new game. (no brick tops)

I love static shapes, if you combine them with a playertype which has a different model, it's like a whole new game. (no brick tops)
you could just use prints or a texture pack like any sane person and therefore have all of the efficiency and not-stufftiness of bricks

Why was this bumped? It has almost been 2 months...

you could just use prints or a texture pack like any sane person and therefore have all of the efficiency and not-stufftiness of bricks
I'd rather be able to rotate, move and scale bricks freely, that is what static shapes are for