[Events][Download] The Random Weapon Spawn Point

Author Topic: [Events][Download] The Random Weapon Spawn Point  (Read 2631 times)

The Random Weapon Spawn Point

What is this and what does it do?
This beauty right here is the Random Weapon Spawn Point (RWSP). That's right, spawn, not spawner.
The RWSP will magically scrape your blown up, bullet-hole filled, sliced and even bird-pecked
body parts off the battlefield, suit you up with one out of three random weapons and carelessly
throw you right back onto the battlefield to most likely die again. Does it care? No, it's a mindless
machine crafted by some sick bastard who enjoys watching poor blockheads fight to their deaths.

How does it work?
The RWSP is a simple spawn point inside a floating box, but with a little of that eventing magic
it turns into a simple spawnpoint inside a floating box which gives you 1 out 3 weapons.

Let me explain to you how it all works.
First of all, a player will spawn on the red spawn point, after a couple of seconds the player will trigger
an onPlayerTouch event on the spawn which makes it shoot a projectile downwards. The projectile
will instantly hit one out of the three bricks under the spawn. Each of the bricks, when struck by a
projectile, will spawn a certain weapon. The brick will also send a relay both up and down activating
disappear events in both the spawn point and the 6x6 plate that holds everything up.
Now, when the spawn is struck by the relay it apart from disappearing, also sends a relay back down
into the three weapon bricks making them disappear too.

When all of this has happened, all the bricks holding the player up should be invisible for 1 second
letting the player fall out from underneath the box with the weapon destiny chose for them.

How do I modify it?
To change the three weapons from what they are already set to (Guns Akimbo, RL and Bow),
simply punch a hole in the box from behind (might have to destroy some bricks to find the right one),
and change the spawnItem event on any of the bricks to spawn any weapon or item you want.

Notes/fun facts
  • This "build" requires no addons at all.
    (though you might want to duplicate the box for more than one spawn)
  • When you duplicate this box or any spawn point, the spawn point will stop working,
    to fix any broken spawns, make sure you've copied the spawn point events, then
    simply replace the spawn point with a brand spanking new one and apply the spawn
    point events to it.
  • You can make the box randomize evenly between 9 items or unevenly between any
    number under 9 (except 3) by replacing the three 1x3 weapon spawner plates with different bricks.
  • This build consists of 22 bricks which include a base plate and 3 cubes holding the box up.
  • You can camouflage the box by placing it inside of a ceiling or any similar place.
  • I came up with the idea for this the same way I come up with most of my little contraptions,
    while standing in the shower.
  • I should really go to bed right now

And lastly, a
DOWNLOAD LINK
(Put it in your saves folder, a save picture is not included.)

By downloading this save file, you are agreeing to not tell anyone you made this build yourself.

Please tell me if I've missed something or anything is unclear.

How do people do this stuff with default events? Very nice presentation too!

Neat, I might use this sometime.

I can't talk for everyone, but personally I get most of my ideas while taking a hot shower, and then when I step out of the shower I usally lose all of my motivation and just browse reddit for hours instead.

I'm off to bed so if anyone is wondering why I'm not responding, that's why.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 04:38:16 PM by Paradon »

Well you know how if you try to spawn a projectile on a brick besides a 1x1 brick/plate, it spawns from different positions? Say a baseplate, it would spawn on different positions on the top. If you make like a dance-dance-revolution-type simulator with this, it could somehow do something like this

Nice and good using simple default events! Won't be downloading, but nice presentation and a good job to u <3

Nice and good using simple default events! Won't be downloading, but nice presentation and a good job to u <3
thx mayt <3

This is one of the best default featured things I have noticed.

Amazing presentation, neat product.

Well you know how if you try to spawn a projectile on a brick besides a 1x1 brick/plate, it spawns from different positions? Say a baseplate, it would spawn on different positions on the top. If you make like a dance-dance-revolution-type simulator with this, it could somehow do something like this
Actually I didn't know that, yet another thing that should maybe be obvious since I've played this for years now
But this is a very creative idea, well done!