Poll

Have your say! If the server is a 24/7 server, should the day night cycle be over 24 hours? (12 hours day/12 hours night)

Yes
42 (61.8%)
No
26 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Backup Plan Development Thread || More Zombies, But Different  (Read 17374 times)

I don't think the Day/Night Cycle should be that long because I'm pretty sure some people still like to experience both Day and Night during the gameplay. (Some people only have certain time to go online.)

But I still think this will succeed like Bluzone.

Yeah, this is something I hated about DayZ. You either find a server that it currently at the time you want it to be, or always play at the same time due to your schedule.

I think something like GTA would be suitable. Every day being 48 minutes long, 24 minutes of daytime, 24 minutes of nighttime.

Great things take time.

Exactly. Knaz's projects always take a long time, but are worth it in the end. Bluzone one and two took a couple of years if I recall.

Sadly, I don't think I'll be able to help out on this one. Glad to see you're back though man!

The Knazone took about two months, Bluzone took about six months, Bluzone 2 took about a year and a half...
So far this has taken me about half a year a-hoo-hoo!

I'm thinking of making it a 6 hour cycle, to be honest.
48 minutes is just way too short-- sometimes you'd spend that much time having a conversation.
I've done some in-game testing, and placing it on that cycle while I build and it feels comfortable.

And don't worry-- night won't be pitch black. I'm aiming for it to be very stylised in how I approach many things. Very dramatic, larger than life. This isn't veering so much toward realism as some of the others were-- but that's not to say it's won't be just as punishing.

Wasn't the first Bluzone originally The Knazone though?

Um, not quite...

They were separate projects, aha

Wasn't the first Bluzone originally The Knazone though?
If i remember correctly, Knazone was a zombie defence map whilst the Bluzones were RP/Adventure Maps.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 06:47:44 AM by A million souls »

If i remember correctly, Knazone was a zombie defence map whilst the Bluzones were RP/Adventure Maps.

Yeah, pretty much that.

Still not sure what direction I want to take exactly with Backup Plan, at the moment it's more looking like a singeplayer campaign...
What I do know for sure, however, is it's a damn awesome build!

Also, you might be seeing the Dev server pop up every now again.
You mightn't get the best ping, as I'm just hosting it locally, but feel free to drop by!

In case you can't get into the server, or are never around when I'm working, feel free to ask for screenshots of anything.

If you want I can help with building

Example is the entire cliff face here: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=250173.0

Thankyou, but I'm not looking for assistance right now, and maybe for the entirety!
It'll mean the build will take longer, but at least I can keep it close to what I want it to be.

Thankyou very much, though!

I understand, its always nice to have what you want exactly without having to explain it.

I understand, its always nice to have what you want exactly without having to explain it.

Thanks for understanding (:

I've also been composing unique audio tracks for Backup Plan, mostly just ambient music that loops seamlessly. If you get a chance to drop by the server, have a listen! I'm sure you'll feel a smidgen rattled (;

Managed to get some more work done today!
Also, decided the direction I'd like to take with this project-- I'm going to primarily focus on a singleplayer campaign, played through the eyes of several different characters.

Broken up into episodes, I'll try and make each at least an hour long...

But so far there's enough depth, and alternate routes you can seriously play the game differently each time.

kniaz you triple-posting noob

Oh, oops, guess I should just never update the topic ever...