Poll

Have your say! If the server is a 24/7 server, should the day night cycle be over 24 hours? (12 hours day/12 hours night)

Yes
42 (61.8%)
No
26 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Backup Plan Development Thread || More Zombies, But Different  (Read 17380 times)

Slowly smashing the underground lab area out!
Feeling and looking damn awesome!

Just updated OP with...

And a new banner!

Made lots of progress last night, and finished one audio loop.
Join the server, if you want to have a listen, and check out the build ;)

Hm................

I actually like this idea of a more RPG-focused Zombie server than the typical Zombie RP. My problem with RPs is that they generally degrade due to a variety of issues and people think that making more Zed RPs will fix the problem when the problem itself is that Role-playing only works with Cooperative Friends and the occasional Stranger, something that public servers are unable to consistently maintain due to nubs and RDMers. So yeah, I'm glad RPing isn't the main focus of this. My worries/concerns........

1. How will you be able to update the game consistently to keep players interested?

2. How will you be able to balance the steep gap of experienced players and nubs such as Nubs getting wrecked all the time by the pros as well as weapon balance and locations for items. Randomized item generators might help tho.

3. IF this mod actually sees the daylight

4. How you will do combat. Will you do it Arma style? Traditional Horror Style? Borderlands/Dead Frontier Lootfest style?

5. How much freedom you will give the players. Carefully crafted or wild and rowdy do what you want EVE style?

6. Good admins?

I hope you aren't put off by my comment. I REALLY want this to succeed, I really do. I just have some concerns as to how you will go about with the future of this mod, if it even sees the light of day.

Still, Best of luck to you Kniazy! :)

-snip-

Thanks for the input! To reply to your questions...

1. How will you be able to update the game consistently to keep players interested?
There are a few different ways I'll be doing this, but what I prefer is player input.
It'll start out with a fairly big region to play in, large enough to support 16 players, on average.
As the server progresses, I'll watch the players and see where they go/what they do.
Based on that, I'll make tweaks and additions.
I'll also work with those who want to roleplay, as I'm happy to make slight adjustments to the build to suit them and their stories.

2. How will you be able to balance the steep gap of experienced players and nubs such as Nubs getting wrecked all the time by the pros as well as weapon balance and locations for items. Randomized item generators might help tho.
This one is probably the hardest to answer, and ties a lot in with the other questions.
There will be enough signage to help advise new players on their decisions, but not too much so it's intrusive.
To make this easier to both make and read, I'll be using prints for these signs instead of events.

3. IF this mod actually sees the daylight
Yes, this will see daylight! It may take a little bit of time, but as I progress I'll be hosting little minigames to test out certain builds and whatnot.

4. How you will do combat. Will you do it Arma style? Traditional Horror Style? Borderlands/Dead Frontier Lootfest style?
To start off, you will not be allowed to fight everywhere.
There will be certain areas where you cannot draw your weapons, say, like, bases.
In this areas, also, you cannot take damage from other players.
You can still, like, fall to your death and die however.
There will be no outside threats in these areas, except for yourself.
To help players safely leave these areas, there'll be ample cover and I'll probably make rules associated with camping outside of safe zones to pick off players.
I guess, however, the combat is a bit more like ARMA, as it's set in an open world.
However, there are different environments and different enemies, all of which will require different approaches.

5. How much freedom you will give the players. Carefully crafted or wild and rowdy do what you want EVE style?
As much as they damn well please, really. There'll be some basic rules -- nothing too complex or hard to comprehend -- and besides that, well, have fun. So long as you're not there to ruin someone else's day or exploit a stupid big, you can really just do what you please.

6. Good admins?
The rules are simple, and the server will run simpler. Currently, I haven't put together a team of admins, but I have some people in mind who I'll ask. I only give admin to those I know, and trust. People I've been playing with for over a year, really. I have not, and will not accept applications.
If you look back on my past projects, administration has always been extremely swift and reliable; this is not going to change.
That's not to say admins are safe from trouble, because if they screw up, well, they've got me to answer to.

Hope that answers your questions!

Coud we get a list of all the weapons that will be used?

(Not which Addon pack that you use)

I'm liking the atmosphere of the screenshots so far!

Coud we get a list of all the weapons that will be used?

(Not which Addon pack that you use)

At the moment, I've been using Gravity Cat's default weapons because they are simple and effective.
I don't plan to change that any time soon, either.

I'm liking the atmosphere of the screenshots so far!

Thanks! Really trying to take my time so I can get the atmosphere feeling just right :)

I need to practice brick vehicles, soooo if you need any...

Creepy screens, definitely some signs of old Bluezone vibes :P

Good to see you back, Kniaz.

I plan on spending* a few solid hours (probably more like days) when this comes out.

Are you planing on hosting this on your local computer, or using a dedicated server?

EDIT: Speeding? I can't read >.>
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 08:26:13 AM by Captn »

I skipped reading the op to ask y u no message me

edit oh ok because not bluzone
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 05:36:28 PM by Lugnut »

I skipped reading the op to ask y u no message me

edit oh ok because not bluzone

sry bbe i luv u

Wanna collab again? Haha

Good to see you back, Kniaz.

I plan on speeding a few solid hours (probably more like days) when this comes out.

Are you planing on hosting this on your local computer, or using a dedicated server?

Just like the Bluzone, the main server will be hosted on a Dedicated (RtB this time!) and the dev server will be locally hosted :)

i dunno magn, i am kinda

S'all cool~
Will just probably need a simplified RPChat, and it was fun working with you (: