Poll

Have your say! If the server is a 24/7 server, should the day night cycle be over 24 hours? (12 hours day/12 hours night)

Yes
42 (61.8%)
No
26 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: Backup Plan Development Thread || More Zombies, But Different  (Read 17389 times)

Thank God for the "latest post" button at the bottom of the index.
If you'll be hosting at reasonable hours in Central Time, I'd be happy to drop by and give you a hand.
And I do miss the Bluzone. I tried another Zombie RP but within three hours a guy was holding me at gunpoint telling me he'd shoot me if I didn't help him kill another faction that he'd infiltrated.

You know the real reason Zombie RPs were never about zombies?

Because the zombies don't stop to let you RP, and nobody got to RP as a zombie.

Suggestions: If you're using a script to hide playernames, you may want to make sure people don't go dressing as zombies.

Suggestions: If you're using a script to hide playernames, you may want to make sure people don't go dressing as zombies.

Names will have a drop-off range.
And if you get shot because you're dressed as a zombie, then whose fault is that, really?

Also, because of the way this is going to be set out, and how I plan for the gameplay to function, there is a strong chance there'll be a dedicated server, hosting this 24/7

maybe

Depends on how testing goes, when we get to that.

It'll be an open BETA, too

SO YEAH WOO

I want this to be something for you, as much as it is something for me.

Names will have a drop-off range.
And if you get shot because you're dressed as a zombie, then whose fault is that, really?
Good point lol
Just don't want whining about it.

Throw in a House of Hallucinogens because I'm tired and it sounds funny right now.

Will there be a server up soon?

Not any time soon, I'm (totally legally) downloading things right now so you'd lag beyond comprehension.

I'm just working in singleplayer right now (:

Good point lol
Just don't want whining about it.

And I get what you mean, haha

But honestly, I have no sympathy for people complaining about being shot at when they're dressed up as a zombie in a zombie server.

New poll, too!

You know stuffs getting serious when the dev thread starts making polls...

a zombie that when it dies little ones come out less hp but faster name-Swormzom

Not quite the style I'm going for...

Daycycle should have 24 hours day/night

That way one day it's day the next it's night

Maximum awesome

Plus I have a home computer that can host a powerful server, my only limitation is bandwidth, if you'd like to try it out..?

Internet speed, not bandwidth
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 12:02:38 AM by Lugnut »

Yeah, I love the idea of having a daycycle in real time, and if I go really insane, then even clocks.

And maybe-- I was probably going to buy an RtB server

See how development goes, really.

No, not realtime, one half realtime.

It's fine, just pm me here if youre thinking about it

No, not realtime, one half realtime.

Ohh, right.
I'm following now ;)

Throw in a House of Hallucinogens because I'm tired and it sounds funny right now.

Thats bloody brilliant, survivors go and visit a carnival with spooky undead clowns.
Wonder what type of loot you would get though.

Also i hope you keep those Safezone attacks that happened back in Bluzone II (?), where zombies would approach and attempt to attack the entire complex. If that becomes legitimately scary like a giant horde of enemies attacking one complex, some getting overwhelmed and paths leading to the areas swamped with zombies then you'll legitimately scare some players and hopefully this might create a feeling of utter hopelessness/last stand.

That would be cool, i can't think of much else.

EDIT: Just read Q&A on page 4, So will there be threats other than players and zombies in gameplay for example the Military back in the Bluzones?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:25:11 AM by A million souls »