Poll

LONG LIVE THE...

Greenwood Bandits
Modernizers
Republic
Green Mafia (lmao)
Preachers (lmao)

Author Topic: WinterBite Ch3: Strongholds Bloody Course [RP] [CH3 Started!!!]  (Read 211837 times)

I can't wait to feel like an idiot, after this riddle is solved.

Ooo Chapter 3 :D
Also, someone just solve the AlphRG already.

I missed a whole chapter trying to get in...

I missed a whole chapter trying to get in...
Not much happened in chapter 2 anyway, so you're not exactly missing out.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 04:22:31 PM by Valkerone »

Not much happened in chapter 2 anyway, so you're not exactly missing out.
Phew?

i take it i'm still permanently banned from your server since two years ago for whatever obscure reason that was about "not changing avatars"?

i take it i'm still permanently banned from your server since two years ago for whatever obscure reason that was about "not changing avatars"?
Sounds pretty obvious to me, you probably had an avatar that didn't fit in the RP and refused to change it.

Sounds pretty obvious to me, you probably had an avatar that didn't fit in the RP and refused to change it.
nobody even said anything to me; i was never given any chat-sided warning to change anything about my decals (the rules did say to pick a side and i was going to get around to it). i had spawned into the game and read all the rules and then started exploring the map ready to roleplay. without any warning i was suddenly banned while exploring the barren upstairs of a house.

i recall the admins orbing around and spying on me but they never said anything to me about my decal being unfitting. they just went ahead and banned me.

then i asked theportalmaster about it over rtb irc pm and he basically give me the middle finger and said something like "so you think wearing a creepbear face is roleplay?" (i had forgotten to change out of my usual avatar) and i said how i felt the ban was unjust, that i had just joined the server, then he condescendingly said "are you done?"
theres something to be said about a server that you have to spend more time on trying not to get banned rather than actually getting to have fun roleplaying at all.

zombies in the blue zone is a fine example of the balance between rules and roleplay

the maps on this server looked awesome but my play experience was ruined by a ban
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:15:31 PM by Planr »

Except the rules have stated from the very beginning that you must change your avatar to fit in with the atmosphere of the roleplay, and I have long time players of the server who can back me up on this. I don't believe anyone else who read and sticked to the rules have been in constant fear of being banned, but I can't see from all perspectives, unfortunately!

We also totally cleared the ban list on my birthday/christmas, so pretty much everyone (except for a few specific individuals who I know will only cause trouble) is allowed back on the server, if you are really interested in rejoining.

is the town area still there that i remember from last time? i wanna check that out

I'm assuming you're referring to RiverSide, which is still there, although I wouldn't call it anywhere near the size of a real town. We have some plans for some more urban areas in the future, but that'll be our biggest challenge yet. I would say be patient on that, but I can't deny it'll take ages.

edit: While I am at it, I might as well apologize for the harsh ban. Winter Bite pretty much had a terrible launch, so me and the other admins pretty much cracked down and started throwing bans left and right without warning. A perma-ban without warning was overly harsh and I could have dealt the situation in a much more mature manner.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 12:24:45 PM by Theportalmaster »

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

Do you guys still use Bushido's Tier Tactical? I think I remember them being used last time. I liked those

Right now we are, but I would really like to start using Hells&Khain. It all feels just so much more smooth with a lot more variety, but unfortunate all attempts to use it end up with mysterious server crashes. We're going to try using it, but if it continues to crash we're sticking with Tier Tactical.

I've had issues with those guns too, except mine was that the ammo system was broken and I couldn't reload the guns. You wouldn't have happened to have that problem too would you?

Right now we are, but I would really like to start using Hells&Khain. It all feels just so much more smooth with a lot more variety, but unfortunate all attempts to use it end up with mysterious server crashes. We're going to try using it, but if it continues to crash we're sticking with Tier Tactical.
Those guns suck. (As in H&K)