Author Topic: Why do some people think the plural for LEGO is LEGOS  (Read 4164 times)

The most frustrating thing I hear is "LEGOS". if you have more than one brick it is still LEGO. What are your comments on this?  :cookieMonster:

I'm pretty sure it is Legos.

My comments are we don't plural "lego" we combine lego and bricks to get "legos" for short.

because we arent talking about multiple different lego companies, we are talking about the bricks, that are ALSO called legos

No it isn't legos. LEGO is a brand name and multiple LEGO bricks should not be called legos.

Why not just call the plural lego bricks :P
But
I'm pretty sure it is Legos.

No it isn't legos. LEGO is a brand name and multiple LEGO bricks should not be called legos.

you are wrong.

and you would sound like a major friend if you said something like "dont step on all my lego bricks"
a person would have to punch you for that

My comments are we don't plural "lego" we combine lego and bricks to get "legos" for short.
I'm 99% sure that the 's' just comes from pluralizing 'lego'.

I've never heard anyone call it a portmanteau of 'lego' and 'bricks' :/

Lego bricks is a proper way to say it
Legos is a proper way to say it

Lego is something you say if you fell asleep in English class a lot

What happens when you have a box full of Mega Blocks and legos?

Yeah well even LEGO has something to say about this
Please always refer to our products as “LEGO bricks or toys” and not “LEGOS.” By doing so, you will be helping to protect and preserve a brand of which we are very proud, and that stands for quality the world over”

I know Lego has made some sort of statement about this, and AFAIK they said it's "Lego blocks/bricks" for multiple lego bricks, but Lego and Legos as standalone words are incorrect

why the hell does this bother the OP