A fix for the... dare I say it... mininuke.

Author Topic: A fix for the... dare I say it... mininuke.  (Read 881 times)

Now before everyone goes apestuff on me:

"It was crc'd for a reason!"
Yes, and that reason is not because it is overpowered, but because it over-writes the default rocket launcher.

I'm surprised no one has made a fix for it yet.

Or is it not possible?

Well, if it is, then I think it should be done.
Besides, I like blowing up entire cities with it. :P

There is no way to fix it.
Because it's not broken.
Neither does it overwrite anything.

There is no way to fix it.
Because it's not broken.
Neither does it overwrite anything.
you literally have no idea what you're talking about.

the mini-nuke got fixed less than a month after it came out by a third party, ask around with people, i'm sure someone still has it.

the mini-nuke got fixed less than a month after it came out
So how do I not know what I talk about?
How is the mini-nuke broken and needs to be fixed if it is already fixed?

So how do I not know what I talk about?
How is the mini-nuke broken and needs to be fixed if it is already fixed?
because the original broke the rocket launcher.

i may have the fixed version lying around somewhere on my computer but i can't be assed to look right now

I have the one handed mini nuke weapon

because the original broke the rocket launcher.
He was talking about the current one, and he's right
It's not broken and it doesn't overwrite anything

So far, I've heard 2 different explanations for it getting fail-binned:

1): It was fail-binned because too many people were spamming it, and causing lag.

2): It broke the default Rocket L

Which one is it? (probably both)

So far, I've heard 2 different explanations for it getting fail-binned:

1): It was fail-binned because too many people were spamming it, and causing lag.

2): It broke the default Rocket L

Which one is it? (probably both)
thats idiotic, it would not be crap on'd for having potential to spam... You can cause mass lag with the default addons.

thats idiotic, it would not be crap on'd for having potential to spam... You can cause mass lag with the default addons.
Now that you mention it, that does sound like a pretty ridiculous reason to fail-bin an add-on.

Not saying that it was failed for that reason.

There's technically nothing wrong with the mini-nuke. It's a neat weapon and it works but it does overwrite the default rocket launcher but that's not a big deal. Anyone can fix that in two minutes or less. The problem with it and the reason it's being shunned by the community is because it does insane damage in a large radius, the explosion is annoying, and the particles are laggy for some people + if you have physics enabled the fake killed bricks are going to lag a ton. It's overpowered if a deathmatch style minigame has it enabled and people can spawn their own weapons. And of course if a server has it enabled people are going to spam it because it makes a big boom and most people are idiots.

Would a mininuke with RTB prefs for who can use it be possible?

Would a mininuke with RTB prefs for who can use it be possible?
Some items (Duplicator for one) have RTB prefs like these so yes it can be done.

So make a fixed mininuke with rtb prefs for who can use it and the problem is solved. Except for idiotic admins or hosts. You cant solve that!